OVEN ROASTED POTATOES
Dreaming of crispy, golden oven roasted potatoes, just like Nonna makes? Now you can eat them in your very own home! These oven roasted potatoes take me back to my family Sunday lunches at Nonna’s – because no one makes potatoes quite like her and I can now recreate these to take my tastebuds back to my childhood. Simple, but incredible!
2 tablespoons of salt
Extra virgin olive oil
6 large potatoes (In Australia we love to use Royal Blue potatoes with red skin)
2 x large bowls (one filled with water)
1 x large oven-safe tray
- To make the roasted potatoes, peel the skin off and cut them into your preferred size, placing them in the bowl of water once cut. Then, rinse and drain the potatoes once again and put them into a clean bowl.
- Sprinkle a few pinches of fine salt over the potatoes, rubbing it over them really well, mixing it through using your hands.
- Transfer the potatoes into an oven safe baking tray and spread them out, before adding a few short rosemary stalks and garlic cloves (with the skin still on, making a small slit with a knife).
- Braise the roasted potatoes at a medium heat on the stove top, mixing and turning them with a fork every so often, for up to 15 minutes.
- Place the braised potatoes in the oven to cook for up to 30 minutes or until they are crispy and golden.
- Once the roasted potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven.
HOW TO SERVE:
Enjoy these crispy oven roasted potatoes as a side dish with your favourite protein. Maybe Nonna’s delicious chicken or Maria’s lamb roast, either way you’ll be licking your fingers and back for seconds.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
These are my favorite recipes to serve Crispy Roasted Potatoes with:
Join my private exclusive Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate