How to Make Oven Roasted Potatoes
You can’t go wrong with these oven-roasted potatoes! They’re simple and delicious, and they’ll have you dreaming of Nonna’s Sunday lunches. They’re crispy, golden, and delicious – the potatoes that make your tastebuds take a trip back to your childhood.
You don’t need special equipment or ingredients—grab a few potatoes and prepare for some serious flavour. All you have to do is pop them in the oven and wait for that delicious smell to wave through your house. Furthermore, they’re so easy to make that even if you’re new to cooking, we promise you’ll still end up with perfectly cooked potatoes every time!
Making it at home has never been this easy! Just follow our simple recipe, and I’m sure you’ll love it every step of the way.
Watch Oven Roasted Potatoes video recipe:
How to Make NONNA’S OVEN ROASTED POTATOES Like An Italian
Vincenzo’s Top Tip To Make Oven-Roasted Potatoes
Do not crowd the pan.
Overcrowding the pan with potatoes will cause the potatoes to cook unevenly. Instead, arrange them in a single layer with enough room for the heat to circulate.
Warm up your pan.
Warming up your pan ahead of time will result in a better texture of the potatoes as the outside will immediately become crisp.
Toss them around a bit.
Additionally, shake or flip the potatoes every 15 minutes to promote even roasting. Moreover, gently move the pieces on the pan using a thin metal spatula or a fork.
Before placing your potatoes in the oven, give them time to air dry. You may also pat dry them; ensure they are dry before placing them in the oven.
Add just the right amount of oil.
Lastly, adding the exact amount of oil will help roast the potatoes and achieve that crispy exterior without becoming greasy.
Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 2 Large bowls one filled with water
- Large oven-safe tray
- Sharp knife
- 2 tbsp Salt
- Rosemary stalks
- Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- 6 Large potatoes In Australia we love to use Royal Blue potatoes with red skin
- To make the roasted potatoes, peel the skin off and cut them into your preferred size, placing them in the bowl of water once cut.
- Then, rinse and drain the potatoes once again and put them into a clean bowl.
- Sprinkle a few pinches of fine salt over the potatoes, rubbing it over them really well, mixing it through using your hands.
- Transfer the potatoes into an oven safe baking tray and spread them out, before adding a few short rosemary stalks and garlic cloves (with the skin still on, making a small slit with a knife).
- Braise the roasted potatoes at a medium heat on the stove top, mixing and turning them with a fork every so often, for up to 15 minutes.
- Place the braised potatoes in the oven to cook for up to 30 minutes or until they are crispy and golden.
- Once the roasted potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven.
How to serve Oven Roasted Potatoes
Enjoy these crispy oven-roasted potatoes as a side dish with your favourite protein. Maybe Nonna’s delicious chicken or Maria’s lamb roast, either way you’ll be licking your fingers and back for seconds.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
What is the oven temperature?
The oven temperature for roasted potatoes can vary depending on the recipe and personal preference, but typically it’s around 425-450°F (220-230°C). However, some recipes may call for a lower temperature, such as 375-400°F (190-200°C) for a longer cooking time.