How to Make Lemon Linguine with Shrimps and Pistachios
Italy’s love affair with lemons dates back to Roman times, with it even being documented that the Romans believed lemons to be the antidote to all poisons. Although this may have been slightly wishful thinking, the Italians did find abundant (and more realistic) uses for the mighty lemon.
Linguine al limone is believed to originated on the Sorrento peninsula, an area particularly famous for its lemon produce. Like most Italian classic recipes, simplicity is key, allowing the flavors to take center stage.
Watch Lemon Linguine video recipe:
LEMON LINGUINE with Shrimp and Pistachios
Vincenzo’s Top Tip To Make Lemon Linguine with Shrimps and Pistachios
For a PERFECT creaminess
To obtain a perfect creaminess, add a fat source such as olive oil. Lemon linguine is always a winner because it’s easy, quick and super delicious. Recreate this amazing lemon pasta in less then 15 minutes.
Lemon Linguine with Shrimps and Pistachios
- 350 grams Linguine
- 200 grams Shrimp
- 1 Lemon
- 60 grams Pistachios
- 1 clove Garlic
- Evo olio as needed
- Pepper to taste
- In a pan, brown the peel of 1 lemon with the garlic clove in 2 tablespoons of evo olio.
- Add the shrimp and a pinch of pepper, then cook for about 2 minutes. Remove the clove.
- Drain the pasta (cooked to al dente) and add it to the pan.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, the chopped pistachios, a ladle of pasta water and stir well for about 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with more pistachio and serve!
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.