How to Make Stracciatella Cheesecake
Stracciatella cheesecake is just like regular cheesecake, but instead of using vanilla extract or caramel sauce, it has chocolate shavings in it. The result is an incredibly rich dessert that tastes like you’re eating two desserts at once.
A cup of stracciatella gelato is the best chocolate chip cookie you’ve ever eaten. It has the same texture and flavour but is even more decadent because the chocolate chunks are bigger and suspended in a creamy base.
This makes stracciatella gelato so unique: it’s like a bowl of ice cream sprinkled with chocolate chips. But there’s another kind of stracciatella out there, too—one you can eat alone! Try out this fantastic cheesecake recipe; I’m sure you’ll ask for more!
Vincenzo’s Top Tip To Make Stracciatella Cheesecake
For the GELATIN
Melt it in hot cream (not boiling). Once dissolved, let it sit for 5 minutes before adding it to the mixture. For best results for the whipped cream, please make sure the liquid cream is at room temperature; you don’t want it to be directly from the fridge. Assuring the mixture is at room temp will also work better for the gelatin once it is dissolved and added.
Do not Freeze!
This recipe is not suitable for freezing. You may place them in the Fridge, but avoid putting this in the freezer.
You may use any cheesecake base for this recipe (including the classic biscuit base.)
- 250 grams Dry cookies for base ex. Graham crackers
- 100 grams Butter
- 500 grams Ricotta
- 80 grams Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Honey
- ½ grams Vanilla powder
- 250 ml Fresh liquid cream heavy whipping cream
- 8 grams Gelatin sheets
- grams Dark chocolate
- Crumble the cookies and combine them with the melted butter.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish (preferably hinged) lined with parchment paper.
- Compact well using the back of a spoon and then place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, work the ricotta and the powdered sugar with an electric mixer. Add in the honey and the vanilla powder and mix well.
- Lastly, add in the shaved chocolate, the whipped fresh cream, the gelatin dissolved in a little cream (30ml), and mix delicately.
- Pour the mixture over the cookie base and then place in the fridge for 4 hours.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Stracciatella Cheesecake
Are you planning to make this wonderful dessert ahead of time? Make sure to keep it refrigerated for up to 2 days so the cream will continue to thicken. When serving, add a drizzle of chocolate ganache or chocolate shavings on top of the cheesecake to add that extra chocolatey flavour to your dish.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate