- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
ITALIAN LEMON COOKIES
Lemon cookies are for those times when you want to bake something special without too much effort! Roll out these tangy lemon cookies in no time and enjoy the crumbly sensations alongside a hot drink or with a scoop of your favourite jam on top. Y-U-M.
Watch the Italian Lemon Cookies Video Recipe:
ITALIAN LEMON COOKIES | The Easiest Homemade Lemon Biscuits
- 1 x egg
- 100g sugar
- 260g plain flour
- 100g sunflower oil
- 1 x teaspoon of Baking powder
- 1 x lemon
- Icing sugar
- Kitchen Aid
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Wooden board (you can also use your benchtop
- Lemon cookies are best mixed using a kitchen aid. If you don’t have one, you can also dig in with your hands!
- To make the lemon cookies, add 260g plain flour to a mixing bowl along with 100g of sugar.
- Grate the lemon skin and add this as well, then squeeze all of the juice from the same lemon and mix it in.
- Next, add the baking powder, one egg and 100g sunflower oil.
Using the Kitchen Aid, mix the ingredients well, until it forms into small crumbly chunks. Use a slow speed first and then turn it up just slightly.
- Put the chunks onto a wooden board and gently knead them until they join together. The parts that crumble away can just be stuck back on as the oils from your hands will help everything come together.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 dgerees celcius in preparation to bake the lemon cookies and line a flat biscuit tray with baking paper.
- Then, break away small chunks of the mixture, rolling each one in your hands to form a small ball.
- Put each ball on to the tray, lining them up so there is enough space between each one for them to grow slightly without touching.
- Place the tray into the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees celcius.
- Once the lemon cookies are ready, remove them from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Dust icing sugar over the top and serve.
HOW TO SERVE
- Serve the Italian lemon cookies on a bright coloured plate for a nice contrast and if you (or your guests) have an extra sweet tooth, serve with a scoop of your favourite jam on top. Most jams mix beautifully with lemon, so choose your favourite and enjoy!
ITALIAN LEMON COOKIES | The Easiest Homemade Lemon Biscuits | Italian Food Recipes
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
You should also make Nonna Igea Homemade Limoncello