Crispy Skin Salmon
Crispy skin salmon is a healthy seafood dish with a delicious pesto and crunchy vegetable sauce.
- 1x Fresh Salmon Fillet (with skin on)
- 1 Zucchini (cut into cubes)
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
- Garlic (finely chopped)
- Sundried tomatoes
- Baby spinach
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Only if you can find it)
- 2 x frypan
- Wooden spoon
- To create a Mediterranean base for your crispy skin salmon, heat the saucepan on medium heat and add extra virgin olive oil.
- Once it has warmed up, add cubes of zucchini and mix well.
- After a few minutes, add cherry tomatoes, garlic, sundried tomatoes and a pinch of salt.
- After 5 minutes add pesto and mix again.
- Once combined well, add baby spinach and mix through.
- Cook for 3 more minuetes or until the baby spinach has darkened in colour and cooked through.
- Get the salmon fillet and squeeze some lemon juice over the top, adding a pinch of salt.
- Heat a frypan on medium heat and add extra virgin olive oil with a hint of lemon (you can use regular extra virgin olive oil too).
- Place the fillet gently into the frypan with the skin down and let it simmer. Cook it for approx 5-6 minutes so it begins to become crispy.
- Once the skin turns crispy, turn the salmon fillet and cook the other side 4-5 minutes.
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: I like to have mine medium rare as long the salmon fillet is fresh.
How to Serve:
- Spread the Mediterranean base on the centre of a plate and place the crispy skin salmon on top.
- You can place the salmon on the plate with the pink part facing up or down and spread a thin layer of pesto on top.
- This crispy skin salmon with a Mediterranean twist is best served with a nice Rose’ wine.
E ora si mangia…Vincenzo’s Plate
You should also try my Smoked Salmon Salad
Join my private exclusive Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate