Crispy Skin Salmon
Crispy Skin Salmon, a popular and healthy fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids and high-quality protein, enhances any meal with its delicious flavour. Plus, it adds texture that elevates the dish’s taste. This seafood delight is perfect for any occasion and is easy to prepare.
Enjoy this versatile and healthy meal for lunch, dinner, or brunch. It’s an excellent option for those who want to incorporate more fish and vegetables into their diet. Additionally, you can experiment with different flavours and seasonings, such as adding a citrusy glaze or a spicy rub to the salmon before cooking.
Lastly, if you’re looking for a quick and easy meal or an impressive dish to serve guests, this delicious and healthy option will leave you satisfied and nourished.
Vincenzo’s Top Tip To Make Crispy Skin Salmon
Medium rare is the BEST RECOMMENDED
Firstly, I like to have mine medium rare as long the salmon fillet is fresh.
Pat the salmon dry
To achieve crispiness, start by patting the fillet dry, removing any excess moisture.
Use a hot pan
Lastly, Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until it’s hot.
Crispy Skin Salmon
- 2 x frypan
- wooden spoon
- Cooking Method:
- 1 Fresh Salmon Fillet with skin on
- 1 Zucchini cut into cubes
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- Garlic finely chopped
- Sundried tomatoes
- Baby spinach
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil Only if you can find it
- Step One
- To create a Mediterranean base for your crispy skin salmon, heat the saucepan on medium heat and add extra virgin olive oil.
- Once it has warmed up, add cubes of zucchini and mix well.
- After a few minutes, add cherry tomatoes, garlic, sundried tomatoes and a pinch of salt.
- After 5 minutes add pesto and mix again.
- Once combined well, add baby spinach and mix through.
- Cook for 3 more minuetes or until the baby spinach has darkened in colour and cooked through.
- Step Two
- Get the salmon fillet and squeeze some lemon juice over the top, adding a pinch of salt.
- Heat a frypan on medium heat and add extra virgin olive oil with a hint of lemon (you can use regular extra virgin olive oil too).
- Place the fillet gently into the frypan with the skin down and let it simmer. Cook it for approx 5-6 minutes so it begins to become crispy.
- Once the skin turns crispy, turn the salmon fillet and cook the other side 4-5 minutes.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Crispy Skin Salmon
To create a mouthwatering meal, begin by spreading a Mediterranean base on the centre of a plate. Next, place the fillet on top, and consider putting it on the plate with the pink part facing up or down.
Furthermore, spread a thin layer of pesto on top for an added burst of flavour. This recipe is a perfect meal with an excellent Rose’ wine, as the flavours complement each other beautifully.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate