How to Make Crispy Skin Salmon
Crispy skin salmon is a healthy seafood dish with a delicious pesto and crunchy vegetable sauce.
Watch the Crispy Skin Salmon video recipe:
Crispy Skin Salmon Recipe | Easy Salmon Steak Recipe | Salmon Recipes
Vincenzo’s Top Tip To Make Crispy Skin Salmon
Medium rare is the BEST RECOMMENDED
I like to have mine medium rare as long the salmon fillet is fresh.
Crispy Skin Salmon
- 2 x frypan
- wooden spoon
- Cooking Method:
- 1 Fresh Salmon Fillet with skin on
- 1 Zucchini cut into cubes
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- Garlic finely chopped
- Sundried tomatoes
- Baby spinach
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil Only if you can find it
- Step One
- To create a Mediterranean base for your crispy skin salmon, heat the saucepan on medium heat and add extra virgin olive oil.
- Once it has warmed up, add cubes of zucchini and mix well.
- After a few minutes, add cherry tomatoes, garlic, sundried tomatoes and a pinch of salt.
- After 5 minutes add pesto and mix again.
- Once combined well, add baby spinach and mix through.
- Cook for 3 more minuetes or until the baby spinach has darkened in colour and cooked through.
- Step Two
- Get the salmon fillet and squeeze some lemon juice over the top, adding a pinch of salt.
- Heat a frypan on medium heat and add extra virgin olive oil with a hint of lemon (you can use regular extra virgin olive oil too).
- Place the fillet gently into the frypan with the skin down and let it simmer. Cook it for approx 5-6 minutes so it begins to become crispy.
- Once the skin turns crispy, turn the salmon fillet and cook the other side 4-5 minutes.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
How to serve Crispy Skin Salmon
- Spread the Mediterranean base on the centre of a plate and place the crispy skin salmon on top.
- You can place the salmon on the plate with the pink part facing up or down and spread a thin layer of pesto on top.
- This crispy skin salmon with a Mediterranean twist is best served with a nice Rose’ wine.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.