How to Make Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Creamy mushroom pasta is moist and delicious – without any cream! Use your favourite mushrooms and fresh parsley to create this mouth-watering vegetarian pasta dish and add oozing burrata for the ultimate cheesy experience.
Watch the Creamy Mushroom Pasta video recipe
How to Make CREAMY MUSHROOM PASTA Like an Italian
Vincenzo’s Top Tip To Make Creamy Mushroom Pasta
It’s all about MUSHROOMS
This creamy mushroom pasta is of course… all about delicious mushrooms, so choose your the best one and your favourite!
Wait until it’s golden
Make sure to wait for awhile when the garlic starts to turn golden and you can add the other ingredients onwards.
Keep ’em away from burning
To prevent the garlic from burning, add 2 x tablespoons of water to the pan and stir gently
Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- wooden spoon
- Medium fry pan
- large pot for boiling pasta
- Hand-held sieve
- Cheese grater
- 300 grams Linguine Pasta
- Porcini & wild mushrooms add your favourite
- Fresh bunch parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- 75 grams Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Freshly grated pecorino romano
- Whole burrata
- Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- Creamy mushroom pasta is all about delicious mushrooms so choose your favourite and add it in!
- Start by adding approx. 5L water to a large pot and leave on high to boil.
- Chop the mushrooms into smaller pieces and crush the garlic cloves so they are ready to add to the base.
- To make your creamy mushroom pasta, first put your pan on the stove at a low to medium heat and add (approx.) 3 tablespoons of good quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the oil starts to warm, add the garlic (crushed or chopped) and stir.
- After around one minute, the garlic will start to turn golden and you can add your mushrooms.
- Stir the creamy mushroom pasta sauce using a wooden spoon so the garlic combines well.
- Sautée for 10-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender (without the lid).
- Next chop a generous amount of the fresh parsley, making sure to include some of the stalk.
- Add the stalks first then the rest of the parsley to your pan and stir through.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and mix once again.
- By now, the pasta water should have boiled, so add 1 tablespoon of rock salt and let dissolve.
- Add the dry linguine pasta to the pot and cook 1 minute less than the required time.
- Two minutes before the pasta is ready, drop the temperature of the pan to low and add the butter, mixing it through using a wooden spoon until it is well combined and has completely dissolved.
- Drain the pasta using a hand sieve and transfer into the pan then fill a mug/cup with the pasta water before you tip it all out!
- Now add the freshly grated pecorino (as much or as little as you like) to the creamy mushroom pasta.
- Quickly stir this through and then add half a cup of pasta water before mixing once more, leaving it to cook for another minute and mixing really well.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Once your creamy mushroom pasta is ready, serve it onto individual plates, making a nest at the top. Add lots of extra mushrooms to each portion then place the burrata on top.
Serve with the burrata whole or pierce it and place it on the table while the middle part is still oozing out.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.