How to Make Roast Chestnuts
Roasted chestnuts are a delicious nutty snack which are just perfect for the holiday season. The slightly crisp outer layer combined with a moist centre are such a fine textural treat but the question is, how do we roast them without the skin sticking to them? Check out this recipe for my tip on how to roast chestnuts and easily peel them too!
Watch How to Roast Chestnuts in an Oven video recipe:
How to ROAST CHESTNUTS in an Oven at Home
Vincenzo’s Top Tip To Make Roast Chestnuts
Quality above all!
Roasted chestnuts are not hard to make but require getting them to perfection is of course to buy good quality chestnuts!
Same cut for the rest
Be sure to make this small cut in every single one or else it will pop in the oven (and make a real mess!)
Soaked and covered
Make sure that your chestnuts are all soaked with water before leaving them for few minutes to make sure that everything is covered.
- Medium size bowl
- Sharp knife
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Roasted chestnuts are not hard to make but require a few simple steps to get them to perfection and the first is…buy good quality chestnuts!
- Next, using a sharp (preferably serrated) knife, make a slit down the middle of each one (not too deep) and place them into your bowl.
- Cover the chestnuts with water, leaving them in the bowl for up to 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, pre-heat your oven to 180°C/356°F and prepare a baking tray (large enough to fit your chestnuts) lining it with baking paper.
- Once the chestnuts have been soaking for 20 minutes, strain the water from the bowl and gently pat them dry using a kitchen towel.
- Next place the chestnuts on the tray with the slit facing up.
- It’s now time to put the tray in the oven and leave the chestnuts to roast for 30 minutes or until the skins open and inside is tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven and leave to cool slightly.
How to serve Roast Chestnuts
Peel the chestnuts and eat them just as they are! You can also add them to salads and desserts.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
I enjoy your website very much. Thank you very much for publishing these easy to follow delicious tasting recipes. 🙂