- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE WITH COGNAC
Shrimp scampi with cognac is my dad’s creation and it’s an easy and quick seafood starter full of flavors. So, let’s see what we need to make shrimps scampi with cognac.
Watch video recipe: (Italy Unexplored Exclusive Footage)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A glass of white wine
- Fresh parsley
- Beautiful cherry tomatoes
- Chilli if you like it
- 1Kg of Fresh Shrimps
- So, now you put a nice amount of extra virgin olive oil in the pan. When the oil is nice and warm, you put half onion that you cut into small pieces.
- And now, you put the cherry tomatoes, we are using about 12 of them. Now it’s time to put some nice rosemary inside, just to give that beautiful taste to the sauce.
- I think now it’s time to put the shrimp inside and a glass of white wine.
- Because we are using one kilo of shrimps, we’re going to add 50 ml of cognac. The cognac will give the nice taste to it.
- Now, we need to cover this for about five minutes, but you can’t open it all. It has to be nice and locked.
- After 5 minutes, we are ready to open it. And here we have an explosion of aromas. And explosion of flavors of the Adriatic Sea.
- And now it’s time to serve this shrimp scampi with cognac made by my Dad.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Join my Culinary Tour “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before. The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. Visit this Italian Tour link for more details.