- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Seafood Pasta Recipe
This seafood pasta recipe combines fresh ocean flavors of vongole, flat head and prawns with juicy cherry tomatoes and tender asparagus. This seafood pasta recipe is topped with toasted pine nuts and crispy breadcrumbs making every mouthful an absolute sensation.
$1M SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPE | How to Cook Pasta Seafood | Italian Seafood Recipe
- 500g fresh tagliatelle pasta
- 2 Australian Flat Head fillets (sliced into small pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 300g vongole (clams)
- 300 peeled raw shrimp (scampi)
- Rylstone Crooked River extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of rock salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Generous amount of fresh parsley
- Bunch of Asparagus
- Pine nuts
- 1 x large fry pan
- 1 x 5L large pot
- Sharp knife
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Boil 5L of water in a large pot in preparation for your seafood pasta recipe.
- Put a large fry pan on medium heat and add a drizzle of Rylstone Crooked River extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the oil has slightly warmed, add the pine nuts, mixing them through the oil and leaving them to toast for a few minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs and mix together really well until they begin to brown. Once these are toasted, pour the mixture onto chopping board and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, crush the pine nuts into the mixture and combine some freshly chopped parsley. This will be the topping for your seafood pasta recipe.
- Put a small pot on the stove at a medium/high heat and add a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil. Once the oil has begun to warm, add the vongole and put the lid back on to let them steam. This should take no more than 5 minutes and will create a beautiful sauce.
Vincenzo’s Plate Tip: If any of the vongole don’t open, it typically means they’re not good to eat!
- Next, cut the cherry tomatoes in half and the asparagus into small pieces.
- Get the large pan back on the stove at a medium heat and drizzle a final amount of EVOO. Put the asparagus in the pan and let it cook for a few minutes before adding the cherry tomatoes, chilli, garlic and parsley.
- While these vegetables are still slightly tender, add the flat head and let it cook for at least 3 minutes before adding the shrimp.
- Removing the pot with the vongole from the stove, strain them, pouring the sauce directly into the mix of seafood and vegetables. Then, add a pinch of rock salt and pepper, and mix.
- Once the sauce has started to dissolve, add the vongole, salt and pepper – and a little more parsley! Leave to simmer.
- When the water has boiled, add the tagliatelle pasta and leave it to cook based on the packet instructions (al dente is always best!).
- Strain the pasta once it has cooked (to your liking) and add it to the pan on a low heat.
- Mix the seafood pasta recipe well so that it soaks up the delicious liquids and flavours from your sauce.
How to Serve:
- Serve the seafood pasta recipe on a flat plate trying to keep it in the centre.
- Make sure it’s served nice and hot and add the breadcrumb and pine nut mixture you prepared earlier.
- If you want a little added flavour, drizzle just a touch of Rylstone extra virgin olive oil over the top.
$1M SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPE | This is How You Cook Pasta Seafood Italian Seafood Recipe
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
This delicious Seafood Pasta Recipe is best served with a mouthwatering seafood starter:
Join my private exclusive Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate