SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE
Shrimp pasta has never been more mouthwatering. Learn how to make this Chilli shrimp pasta Italian recipe thanks to Italian pasta geniuses Bella Italia.
3 x tablespoons EVOO
1 x garlic clove finely chopped
1 x medium size zucchini (cut into cubes)
Handful of porcini mushrooms
300g fresh shrimp/prawns
Bella Italia Strascinati Pugliese Pasta
Hot Chilli paste/oil
5L of water
Sprinkle of sea salt
1 x large pan
1 x wooden spoon
1 x pasta sieve
1. Add 5L of water to a large pot and put it on a medium-high heat in preparation to cook your pasta.
2. Put a large pan on medium heat and add a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO).
3. Once the oil starts to warm, add finely chopped garlic and gently stir, letting it simmer for approx. 30 seconds.
4. Add the cubes of zucchini and cook them for around 10 minutes or until they begin to soften.
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: Add a splash of water so the garlic doesn’t burn.
5. Add the porcini mushrooms to your pan, letting the flavours and juices infuse. Stir through using a wooden spoon and you will notice the oil start to thicken into a creamy consistency.
6. Once the water in the pot starts to boil, dissolve 2 pinches of sea salt and add a packet of Bella Italia Strascinati Pasta, cooking it for 17 minutes. (They expand quite a lot so one packet feeds a lot!)
7. A few minutes before the pasta is ready, add fresh shrimp to the zucchini and porcini mix, cooking slowly for just a few minutes.
8. Sprinkle parsley on top and mix through before adding a small handful of fresh breadcrumbs and some hot chilli oil (you can leave this out if you don’t want the extra kick!)
9. Strain the pasta and add it to the pan where your sauce has simmered, using a little bit of the water that has been boiling to help it lather all over the pasta. Mix well.
1. Serve the pasta in a beautiful flat dish.
2. Add a sprinkle of parsley and fresh breadcrumbs to each dish finish it off giving it an extra crunch with added freshness!
If you are vegetarian or vegan, simply remove the prawns and the dish will be just as scrumptious and full of flavour!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Join my private exclusive Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe