- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Bruschetta recipe starts with beautifully char-grilled crusty Italian bread which is then smothered in juicy tomato pieces and topped with aromatic basil and oregano. The added Vincenzo’s Plate touch is a drizzle of balsamic glaze which adds an element of sweet and sour all in one…
- 2 x slices of Italian bread (or as many as you like!)
- Ripe tomatoes
- Garlic clove
- Fresh bunch of basil leaves (washed)
- Dried oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Balsamic glaze
- Charcoal grill (or your oven)
- Wooden chopping board
- Wash the tomatoes and cut the centre out before chopping it into small pieces.
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: It is best to use the freshest, ripest tomatoes you can find for Classic Italian Bruschetta! You can tell how ripe tomatoes are by their softness and how much juice pours out when you slice through them…and nothing can beat these juices as they absorb into the bread and literally melt in your mouth.
- Chop the garlic finely and add it to the bowl, then break up the basil leaves and add them in too.
- Mix in a generous amount of oregano and super generous amount of EVOO!
- Sprinkle some salt in and mix it together well. If you are not going to make the Italian bruschetta right away, keep this bowl covered and in the fridge.
- Toast 2 pieces of bread using a charcoal grill (if you have one as the smokiness will add a beautiful flavour to the bruschetta that you just can’t beat). If you don’t have a charcoal grill just use your oven.
HOW TO SERVE:
- Using a spoon, scoop out some of the tomato mix, covering the bread with it.
- Make sure you get some of the extra tomato juice and pour it over the top.
- The larger slices of bread can then be cut into squares (if desired) and enjoyed as an antipasto or alongside a tasty meat dish…my favourite of course is arrosticini.
- Each slice of bruschetta can also be cut into strips and placed on a small wooden chopping board for great antipasto presentation.
- The pièce de résistance…is a drizzle of thick balsamic glaze over the top. It will look magnificent and taste AAAAHHHHHHH-MAZING!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Recommended recipe to serve it with:
Join my private exclusive Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
View this post on Instagram
AMARETTI TIME ? Maria (my mother in law) just finished baking the #Amaretti we will be serving this Saturday at #OrangeGroveMarket They look soooooo beautiful and #delicious I am going to eat some now… The question is: Will there be any left for Saturday? #AmarettiCookies #almondcookies #Recipe on my website (Link in my BIO ???)