How to Make Garlic Bread
The origins of garlic bread aren’t very well-known, but what I do know is the popularity of this dish is remarkable across the world! When you look at the basics, it’s similar to a bruschetta so I invite you to try my authentic Italian variation of garlic bread which is all about a delicious creamy paste, smothered on crispy golden ciabatta bread. What would I call it? Bruschetta aglio e olio and it is absolutely, positively DIVINE!
Vincenzo’s Top Tip To Make Garlic Bread
TIME is very important
The time it takes to cook will depend on your oven as well as the size of your bread so keep an eye on it and once the smell is quite strong, keep an eye on the colour removing it from the oven when ready.
Just add more EVOO
Add some more EVOO if the consistency is lumpy and thick until it becomes a little runnier
Golden colour it is!
You’ll know when your garlic bread is about to be ready until it starts to turn a beautiful golden colour.
- Long bread knife
- Baking Paper
- Baking Tray
- Mixing bowl
- Garlic press/crusher
- Serving plate
- Ciabatta Bread
- 3 tbsp Pecorino Romano
- 3 garlic cloves
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- Garlic bread is best served crisp from the oven, so pre-heat yours to 200°C/330°F.
- Cut the ciabatta in half and place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper (inside facing up).
- Crush the 3 cloves of garlic using your press/mincer or blend them up really finely, and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add up to 10 tablespoons of EVOO to the bowl and mix to combine using a whisk before adding the parsley and pecorino cheese.
- If the consistency is lumpy and thick, add some more EVOO until it becomes a little runnier.
- Once you are happy with your cream, lather it all over the inside of the bread using a spatula. Try to keep this as even as possible but concentrate on smothering it all over!
- Place the garlic bread in the oven at 200°C/330°F for 10 minutes or until it starts to turn a beautiful golden colour.
- If your oven doesn’t cook even all around, open the oven after 6 minutes and turn them around.
- Once the garlic bread has been in the oven for 10 minutes, turn the grill/broiler on and leave it to crisp up for one final minute.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Make Garlic Bread
Slice the garlic bread into beautiful thick pieces alongside a mixture of olives, cold meats and pickled vegetables – or, just eat it on its own. Be prepared for a crispy, oily, garlic explosion in your mouth!
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate