How to Make Italian Sausage Casserole
This Italian Sausage Casserole is a delicious and filling dish that combines juicy sausages with tender potatoes and tangy tomato sauce. Furthermore, the dish is simple to make but packed with flavour.
Additionally, the result is a mouthwatering casserole that is sure to satisfy any appetite and leave you feeling completely satisfied. Whether you are looking for a comforting dinner on a cold night or a hearty meal to share with friends and family, this Casserole recipe is the perfect choice.
Vincenzo’s Top Tips To Make Italian Casserole
A little over
The baby potatoes normally take the longest to cook, so if you are unsure, try one after 45 minutes and if it is still a little bit hard, leave the tray in the oven for another 10 minutes.
On top of
Make sure that the sausage is on top of the vegetables around 3cm apart from one another making sure they stay on top as you need to brown them first.
The smell says it all!
You need to break the basil leaves with your hands and add them to your mixture to make the smell divine
Italian Sausage Casserole
- Sharp knife
- Deep pyrex tray or large Australian Bessemer baking tray Or large Australian Bessemer baking tray. A no stick baking tray
- Zucchini 1 large/2 x Medium. Chopped
- 3 Italian pork sausages Thick
- 1 Large carrot
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Dried mixed herbs A handful
- 3 Table salt Generous pinches
- 7 Baby potatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 Large sweet potato cut into cubes
- 7 Basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- 1 bottle Italian tomato passata
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the sausages into pieces (around 1cm big).
- Put the baby potatoes and sweet potatoes into the tray and spread them all around.
- Add the zucchini and carrots, spreading them around also.
- You can add the garlic cloves whole and put them on either side of the tray, pushing them to the bottom, or you can cut the cloves into smaller pieces and spread them among the vegetables.
- Now, it’s time for the sausage! Add the pieces of sausage to the top of the vegetables around 3cm apart from one another making sure they stay on top as you need to brown them first.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt to the mixture and add my favourite secret ingredient, MORE MIXED HERBS!!
- Drizzle at least 4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over the top and make sure you don’t be shy because otherwise the ingredients will dry up.
- Place the tray into the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes have passed, carefully remove the tray from the oven and you will see that the sausages have started to cook.
- Pour the tomato passata over the ingredients and mix it through (gently but really well) using a wooden spoon.
- Break the basil leaves with your hands and add them to the mixture too. The smell will be divine!
- Put the tray back into the oven for at least 45 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Every 10 or so minutes, pull the tray out of the oven and carefully mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon to help them cook throughout.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Italian Sausage Casserole
To serve this delicious dish with potatoes, start by getting a flat white plate. Make sure to get some of the juicy sausages and the flavorful tomato sauce. Then, add a fresh basil leaf on top for an extra pop of color and aroma. This hearty and flavorful dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate