CACIO E PEPE
Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe The Real Italian Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
This is not a drill. The REAL mac and cheese is unveiled in this cacio e pepe recipe which calls for lovers of cheese and very little effort. Try it now or regret it forever.
Watch video Recipe:
300g fresh Tagliolini (or spaghetti chitarra)
300g Pecorino Romano (grated)
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1 medium sized deep bowl
Large pot for boiling pasta
1. Boil the water on the stove in a large pot.
2. Add 200g Pecorino Romano to a bowl, along with 2 tablespoons of hot water and a drizzle of EVOO.
3. Stir well using a whisk and once it has thickened, add another 2 tablespoons of hot water. Mix it again and sprinkle some freshly ground pepper over the top.
4. Once this has been mixed through, wait for the water to come to a boil and cook the pasta until it is al dente.
5. While the pasta is cooking, add one more tablespoon of hot water from the pot to the creamy mixture and whisk it through so it becomes smooth and creamy.
6. When the pasta is ready, strain it well and add it to the bowl. Add 100g of Pecorino, a sprinkle of pepper, a small drizzle of EVOO and finally, just a touch of water.
7. Mix it really well so the cream covers each strand of pasta.
HOW TO SERVE:
1. Immediately! Tagliolini Cacio e pepe must be eaten as quickly as possible as it is best enjoyed hot and right off the stove!
2. Add one final sprinkle of pepper on top.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
I strongly recommend you to serve this pasta dish with a nice spinach and ricotta pie: