How to Make Tomato Sauce for Pizza
Tomato sauce for pizza couldn’t be simpler – but the few steps required to get it right are all a MUST! Combine quality Italian peeled tomatoes with fresh basil, a touch of salt and a final drizzle of olive oil and make sure you do not cook it! Join me along with Napoletano pizza chef Lucio to find out the secrets to making a flavoursome and bold tomato sauce for pizza. Have you been doing it right?
Watch how to make Tomato Sauce for Pizza video recipe:
How to Make PIZZA TOMATO SAUCE Like a Pizza Chef
Lucio’s Top Tips To Make Tomato Sauce for Pizza
Do NOT use a blender!
Your hands are the best utensil for crushing the totatoes.
Do NOT cook it
Do not cook your sauce before putting it on a pizza.
Best is a day before
Tomato sauce for pizza is best when made the day prior to using it.
Quality at its finest
A good quality Italian peeled tomato is an absolute MUST.
Tomato Sauce for Pizza
- Large mixing bowl
- Your hands! Or a vegetable mill if preferred
- 2.5 kg Italian peeled tomato san Marzano
- 25 grams Salt
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil EVOO. Drizzle
- Tomato pizza sauce does not need a blender – so don’t be tempted! Start by filling a mixing bowl with your desired quantity of San Marzano tomatoes.
- Crush the tomatoes with your hands creating a thick, coarse sauce full of thick tomato pieces.
- Add salt and continue mixing with your hands by placing your open hand into the tomatoes and then bringing it into a fist once your hand is in the bowl.
- Repeat this process and turn the bowl around to make sure you mix all of the tomatoes well.
- Add a handful of fresh basil leaves in your pizza sauce and keep mixing.
- Finally, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and mix it through too.
- That’s it, your pizza stomato sauce is ready!
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Tomato Sauce for Pizza
Try to prepare the tomato sauce for pizza the day before you need it so that the beautiful fresh basil infuses into the tomato creating the perfect flavour combination.
Use this as the base of your favourite pizza or even focaccia toppings.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.