- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
ITALIAN FISH SOUP
Fish soup with chickpeas is a flavoursome dish which can be served as a delicious antipasto or main course – and made within less than 30 minutes. The fish is drowned in a light, yet rich tomato sauce and the combination of chickpeas provides the ideal mix of textures. Join Vincenzo and his Dad, Paolo as they teach you how to make this divine dish which will be the perfect accompaniment to a seafood spread.
4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
500g swordfish or monkfish (diced into medium sized cubes)
½ glass white wine
1 glass tomato/basil sauce
1 can of chickpeas (including the liquid!)
Medium size non-stick pot
- To make your fish soup, add 4-5 tablespoons of EVOO in a medium sized pot and place it on the stove at a medium heat.
- Add ½ onion (diced) and sauté in the pot. Cook them for 2-3 min (or until slightly golden in colour)
- Next, add the fish (of your choice) along with ½ glass of white wine
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: Add the white wine right away so your fish doesn’t stick to the bottom!
- Gently stir the fish soup ingredients using a wooden spoon, making sure none of it is stuck.
- Add the tomato sauce, and mix it through then sprinkle in a few pinches of salt.
- Let the fish soup simmer for up to 10 minutes, stirring it every so often, dropping the temperature slightly if it is bubbling too much.
- Next, add the chickpeas with all the thick liquid, and stir through.
- Leave the fish soup to simmer for a couple more minutes, then switch off the stove and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- To add even more flavour to the fish soup, 2 minutes before it is ready, sprinkle a generous amount of parsley on top and mix.
HOW TO SERVE:
Serve the fish soup in a ramekin or small terracotta bowl, then add a side of toasted or freshly grilled bread (for dipping of course) and a final sprinkle (or sprig) of parsley!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Join my private exclusive Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
View this post on Instagram
EGGPLANT PARMIGIANA This drool-worthy #eggplant #parmigiana (sure to be controversial for some) defies the rule of not adding cheese to #seafood….but trust me, once you try it, you will realise it’s a game changer. Proudly invented by my mamma e papa! RECIPE (Link in my BIO ???)