How to Make Italian Fish Soup
Fish soup with chickpeas is a flavoursome dish which can be served as a delicious antipasto or main course – and made within less than 30 minutes. The fish is drowned in a light, yet rich tomato sauce and the combination of chickpeas provides the ideal mix of textures. Join Vincenzo and his Dad, Paolo as they teach you how to make this divine dish which will be the perfect accompaniment to a seafood spread.
Watch video recipe:
ITALIAN FISH SOUP with SWORDISH and CHICKPEAS | Zuppa di Pesce Spada con Ceci
Vincenzo’s Top Tips To Make Italian Fish Soup
PUT the wine right away
Add the white wine right away so your fish doesn’t stick to the bottom!
None should be stuck
Gently stir the fish soup ingredients using a wooden spoon
Simmer and let it cool
After you put the soup into simmer for a couple more minutes, make sure to leave it cool for a couple of minutes.
Italian Fish Soup
- Medium size non-stick pot
- wooden spoon
- Sharp knife
- 4-5 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- ½ Onion
- 500 grams Swordfish or Monkfish. diced into medium sized cubes.
- ½ glass White wine
- 1 glass Tomato sauce or Basil sauce
- 1 can Chickpeas including the liquid!
- To make your fish soup, add 4-5 tablespoons of EVOO in a medium sized pot and place it on the stove at a medium heat.
- Add ½ onion (diced) and sauté in the pot. Cook them for 2-3 min (or until slightly golden in colour)
- Next, add the fish (of your choice) along with ½ glass of white wine
- Gently stir the fish soup ingredients using a wooden spoon, making sure none of it is stuck.
- Add the tomato sauce, and mix it through then sprinkle in a few pinches of salt.
- Let the fish soup simmer for up to 10 minutes, stirring it every so often, dropping the temperature slightly if it is bubbling too much.
- Next, add the chickpeas with all the thick liquid, and stir through.
- Leave the fish soup to simmer for a couple more minutes, then switch off the stove and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- To add even more flavour to the fish soup, 2 minutes before it is ready, sprinkle a generous amount of parsley on top and mix.
How to serve Italian Fish Soup
Serve the fish soup in a ramekin or small terracotta bowl, then add a side of toasted or freshly grilled bread (for dipping of course) and a final sprinkle (or sprig) of parsley!
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.