- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
HOW TO MAKE BECHAMEL SAUCE
Bechamel Sauce is a white creamy sauce that can be used for a variety pasta or meat dishes and is very simple to make.
Watch video recipe:
A pinch of nutmeg
A pinch of table salt
500 ml of milk (full cream is best)
50g plain flour (sifted)
1 x medium sized pot
1. Turn the stove on to a medium-low heat.
2. Add the butter to your pot and place it on the stove.
3. Wait until the butter melts. You can help it by moving it around with a wooden spoon.
4. Place the strained flour into the pot and quickly mix it into the butter, still using the wooden spoon.
5. Keep mixing until you can no longer see the white flour.
6. Break down any of the larger pieces of the mixture and continue to mix.
7. Pour half of the milk slowly over your mixture while still on the stove and start to mix it through.
8. Add the remaining milk, nutmeg and table salt.
9. Continue to mix the sauce until it becomes creamy and there are very few or no lumps.
HOW TO SERVE
You can use this sauce in many of my recipes, including Graziella’s Zucchini Crepes, my vegetable lasagne or my Crepe Cannelloni with Ricotta & Spinach!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!