How to Make Lemon Chicken
Lemon Chicken Italian style is a dish that is sure to please any palate. The chef cooks up this culinary masterpiece with a citrus twist that adds a tangy kick to every bite. Additionally, they sear it to perfection, giving it a crispy outer layer while keeping it juicy and tender on the inside.
Once the cooking is complete, the dish is beautifully plated on a bed of fresh baby spinach. This not only adds an extra touch of colour to the presentation. But it also provides a healthy base for the succulent chicken. Additionally, one of the best things about this dish is that it is simple and quick to make.
Lastly, the flavours are so rich and delicious that the dish will melt in your mouth. Without a doubt, this is a dish that will impress any dinner guest and leave them asking for the recipe.
Watch Italian Lemon Chicken video recipe:
How to Make LEMON CHICKEN Like an Italian
Vincenzo’s Top Tip To Make Lemon Chicken
Use fresh lemons
Fresh lemons will give your dish a vibrant citrus flavor that you just can’t get from bottled juice. Squeeze the lemons yourself rather than using store-bought lemon juice.
Use the right cut of chicken
Chicken breasts are the most common cut used for this dish, but you can also use thighs or drumsticks for more flavor and juiciness.
Don’t overcook the chicken
Overcooking the chicken will make it dry and tough. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Baby Spinach
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- Chicken Breast
- ½ glass White wine
- Plain Flour
- Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- Slice through the chicken from the side and make some small fillets.
- Then cut each one into small wedges around 2cm wide.
- Put chicken inside a zip lock bag and add a generous amount of flour. Shake the bag around so that the flour cover each piece of chicken.
- Place a medium size saucepan on the stove top and drizzle some xvoo on top.
- Once it heat up, add the chicken piece by piece.
- Once the bottom of each piece starts to brown, turn it over to cock the other side you will need to do this a few times, so that the chicken cooks through. You can turn them using a pair of tongs.
- The flour will create a nice cream.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, squash them using you hands and add them in, along with some salt, pepper and rosemary. Mix well.
- Add 100ml of white wine and continue to allow the chicken to simmer.
- The wine will evaporate and infuse into the chicken. Add ½ glass of water so that the chicken can finish cooking.
- Squeeze a lemon over the top.
- After about 5 minutes remove the rosemary and place the chicken on a plate.
- Using the same saucepan, add a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and then throw the baby spinach in it.
- You can use as much spinach as you like, but just remember, it will shrink!
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Lemon Chicken
To serve the lemon chicken, first, arrange a bed of fresh spinach or other greens in the center of a nice plate. Next, layer the lemon chicken on top of the greens. Finally, garnish the dish with a few lemon wedges for an extra burst of flavor that can be squeezed over the chicken.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
I made this tonight for dinner and it was DELICIOUS!! Even my 6 year old loved it. I just recently discovered Vincenzo’s recipes and I can’t get enough.
I’m glad to hear that you and your 6 year old enjoyed the recipe. I always make sure to make only the best dishes for my fans, because deserve only the best! Keep trying out new ones, and happy cooking!