How to Make Chicken Schnitzel
Experience the nostalgic charm of Chicken Schnitzel Nonna’s way! Join my beloved Nonna in her debut video recipe as she imparts her time-honored techniques for coating and cooking chicken cutlets. Unlock the hidden secrets only Nonna knows as you watch her masterfully recreate this age-old delight. Don’t miss the chance to learn from the best. Watch now and embark on a culinary journey filled with tradition and flavor.
Vincenzo’s Top Tip To Make Chicken Schnitzel
Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings, such as paprika or garlic powder, to enhance the flavor of the schnitzel.
Coat it right
Dredge the chicken in flour, dip it into beaten eggs, and then coat it thoroughly with breadcrumbs. Press the breadcrumbs firmly onto the chicken to ensure a crispy and even coating.
Let the coated chicken rest for a few minutes before frying. This helps the coating adhere well to the meat and prevents it from falling off during cooking.
Use the right oil
Heat a generous amount of oil, such as vegetable or canola oil, in a skillet or frying pan. The oil should be hot but not smoking before adding the breaded chicken cutlets.
Fry with care
Place the breaded chicken schnitzels in the hot oil, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Fry each side until golden brown and crispy, typically around 3-4 minutes per side.
- Chicken Fillet
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh bread crumbs
- Sunflower Oil
- Break 3 eggs into a bowl and beat them well. Then add a pinch of salt.
- Squeeze a small amlunt of lemon into the eggs. This is Nonna’s secret for keeping the meat from smelling like eggs. Mix I well.
- Add a small amount of salt to both sides of the chicken fillet.
- Immerge the chicken into the bowl with eggs and turn it over using a fork.
- Pour breadcrumbs on a flat tray which has baking paper over the top.
- Place each fillet on top of the bread crumbs and batter the bread crumbs on well. Turn over and repeat.
- Heat up some sunflower oil in the pan (on a medium heat) and once it’s nice and hot place the chicken cutlets inside to cook. Cook the chicken cutlets a side at the time.
- Make a simple lettuce salad adding salt, white vinegar and evoo. Mix well and then place it on the side of a plate
- Dice the tomato and cut the artichoke in half and place them on top of the salad
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Chicken Schnitzel
When serving breaded chicken cutlets, it’s important to keep it crispy and serve it immediately after cooking. Plate the chicken schnitzel on a serving dish or individual plates. Considering adding a bed of fresh greens or a side of salad for a vibrant presentation. Sprinkle freshly chopped herbs like parsley or chives on top for added freshness. Offer lemon wedges on the side for a tangy touch.
Pair the breaded chicken cutlets with classic sides like mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a simple pasta salad. If serving a large group, opt for a family-style serving by arranging the chicken schnitzel on a platter at the center of the table. Whether you’re enjoying it with family or friends, serving chicken schnitzel hot and crispy ensures a delightful dining experience.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate