BISTECCA FIORENTINA – GRILLED T-BONE STEAK
Tender and juicy, this thick grilled t-bone steak florentine style is full of flavours and best served medium rare with a light, crisp salad. Although this t-bone steak is big enough for two…you might be drooling enough to finish it on your own!
Enjoy this delicious Bistecca Fiorentina and make sure you have a glass of Red Wine with it.
1-2 800g T-Bone Steak (1 will serve 2 people)
Rocket salad (Arugula)
7 or 8 cherry tomatoes
4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
3-4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
Half a lemon
Pinch of mixed herbs
Charcoal bbq (You can also use a skillet on a stove top or a traditional BBQ, but I recommend charcoal!)
1 x small jar
1 x medium size salad bowl
Set of tongs
Wooden chopping board to serve
TIP: If you choose to grill your steak on a charcoal grill then watch my video for some great tips from BBQ expert Nick Angelucci of BBQ Aroma. (INSERT LINK)
TO PREPARE YOUR MEAT
1. Watch my video link above for great tips on heating up a charcoal BBQ and how to know when it is just the right temperature for cooking.
2. Meat should be at room temperature for best results.
COOKING THE MEAT
1. Once the charcoal is at the perfect temperature, place the steak on top. Watch it close so it doesn’t burn but it’s OK if the flames envelope the steak as it is very thick and this will help the steak to cook through the middle.
2. Leave this to cook for around 5 minutes and then turn it. Leave the steak on this side for another 5 minutes.
3. Then, stand the t-bone upright on the charcoal so that the bone is holding it up and this will help to cook the meat all the way through. You should leave it like this for 7-10 minutes.
4. The time you cook for depends on how you like your meat served. Our recipe is medium rare.
1. Mix the rocket salad, cannellini beans and cherry tomatoes into a salad bowl.
2. Get your small jar and mix the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste, and a pinch of mixed herbs.
3. Squeeze half a lemon into the mix, so that the liquid falls through your hands and you catch the seeds before they drop in!
4. Put the lid on your jar tightly and shake the mix around!
5. Pour the salad dressing over the top of your ingredients and mix this together well using your hands (you can use tongs too but cooking is always more fun with your hands!).
HOW TO SERVE:
1. Place a generous amount of the salad on your chopping board and spread it out slightly so it is like a bed ready to be laid in!
2. Remove the freshly grilled Bistecca Fiorentina from the BBQ and lay it on top of the salad.
3. Your meat is now ready to share….but only if you want to!!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Join my private exclusive Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate