How to Make Spaghetti Frittata Carbonara
What do you get when you mix spaghetti carbonara and frittata? A SLICE OF HEAVEN. This spaghetti frittata will make you love carbonara even more – because now you can enjoy the flavours one slice at a time. Mixing spaghetti carbonara and spaghetti frittata will give you a slight crunch when browned just enough, along with a creamy inside, from our surprise ingredient…burrata. Stop drooling and make use of those extra eggs you have in the fridge. Spaghetti frittata di carbonara can be enjoyed hot or cold making it a great dish for any season.
Watch Spaghetti Frittata Video recipe:
SPAGHETTI FRITTATA CARBONARA – How to make Pasta frittata with leftover Spaghetti
Spaghetti Frittata Carbonara
- Medium sized bowl
- Mixing bowl
- large pot for boiling pasta
- Medium size fry pan
- Sieve or Pasta strainer
- 300 grams Pasta 10.5oz. Choose from: spaghetti, bucatini or linguine. My recipe uses: Fileja Calabrese
- 6 Organic eggs farm fresh/o
- 200 grams Guanciale 7oz. Chopped. Pig Jowl or Pancetta
- 200-300 grams Pecorino cheese 7 – 10.5oz
- 1 Large burrata
- Rock Salt
- 3 L Water
- Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- Start making spaghetti frittata by boiling 5L water on the stove in a large pot.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add a few pinches of rock salt and allow it to dissolve.
- Next, cook your choice of pasta for the desired cooking time, strain it, then add it to a mixing bowl to cool slightly.
- Drizzle some EVOO over your pasta and mix through gently using a set of tongs.
- While the pasta for your spaghetti frittata is cooling, get a medium size fry pan, put in on the stove at a medium to low heat and add 3 tablespoons of EVOO.
- When the oil has started to warm up, add the guanciale and leave to simmer and brown – this will be the perfect texture for your spaghetti frittata di carbonara! This should cook in 5-7 minutes.
- It’s time to get the oven ready! Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius/356F.
- Next, grab a mixing bowl and add 6 eggs, pepper and pecorino cheese. Combine these ingredients really well before adding the cooked guanciale and mixing this through too.
- Now, add the pasta into the egg mixture and combine using a set of tongs. Make sure the egg is smothering every strand of pasta and the guanciale is spread right through.
- Place the pan you cooked the guanciale in, back on the stove at a medium heat and add half of the spaghetti frittata mixture to it.
- Break up the creamy burrata into pieces and add them to the centre, before covering them with the other half of the pasta
- Place this in the oven, leaving the temperature at 180 degrees celcius/356F and leave to cook for 30 minutes.
- After this time, remove the pan of spaghetti frittata from the oven, and place a large flat plate over the top. You must use this, to flip it onto the other side, and then place it back in the pan and back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes.
- Once it is ready, flip it again so the golden brown side is on top.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Spaghetti Frittata Carbonara
Remove the spaghetti frittata carbonara from the pan and leave on a large, round, flat plate to serve. Cut into pizza shaped slices for a larger serving or into squares for an antipasto dish.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.