- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
Crispy Skin Salmon
Crispy skin salmon is a healthy seafood dish with a delicious pesto and crunchy vegetable sauce.
- 1x Fresh Salmon Fillet (with skin on)
- 1 Zucchini (cut into cubes)
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
- Garlic (finely chopped)
- Sundried tomatoes
- Baby spinach
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Only if you can find it)
- 2 x frypan
- Wooden spoon
- To create a Mediterranean base for your crispy skin salmon, heat the saucepan on medium heat and add extra virgin olive oil.
- Once it has warmed up, add cubes of zucchini and mix well.
- After a few minutes, add cherry tomatoes, garlic, sundried tomatoes and a pinch of salt.
- After 5 minutes add pesto and mix again.
- Once combined well, add baby spinach and mix through.
- Cook for 3 more minuetes or until the baby spinach has darkened in colour and cooked through.
- Get the salmon fillet and squeeze some lemon juice over the top, adding a pinch of salt.
- Heat a frypan on medium heat and add extra virgin olive oil with a hint of lemon (you can use regular extra virgin olive oil too).
- Place the fillet gently into the frypan with the skin down and let it simmer. Cook it for approx 5-6 minutes so it begins to become crispy.
- Once the skin turns crispy, turn the salmon fillet and cook the other side 4-5 minutes.
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: I like to have mine medium rare as long the salmon fillet is fresh.
How to Serve:
- Spread the Mediterranean base on the centre of a plate and place the crispy skin salmon on top.
- You can place the salmon on the plate with the pink part facing up or down and spread a thin layer of pesto on top.
- This crispy skin salmon with a Mediterranean twist is best served with a nice Rose’ wine.
E ora si mangia…Vincenzo’s Plate
You should also try my Smoked Salmon Salad