How to Make Pesto Pizza
This pesto pizza recipe is Pizza porn at its absolute best AND, it will change your favourite pizza toppings for good! With a generous lather of basil pesto, creamy buffalo mozzarella and thinly sliced mortadella, the burrata in the centre and pistachio nuts are literally almost too much to handle! Who knew that a pesto pizza would bring a new marriage of ingredients together – mortadella and burrata definitely had pistachio confetti at the wedding! Definitively, drool-worthy.
Watch Pesto Pizza Video Recipe:
How to Make BEST PESTO PIZZA RECIPE with Yummy Creamy Burrata
- Kitchen bench or Wooden chopping board
- Small knife with a point
- Pizza tray for the oven
- Fresh pizza dough
- Pesto Genovese
- Buffalo mozzarella
- Pistachio nuts
- 4 slices Italian mortadella
- Burrata cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- Handful of grated parmesan cheese
- To make a pesto pizza, you need a beautiful fresh ball of pizza dough!
- Pre-heat your oven to 250 degrees celcious (482F) and dust the kitchen bench or your wooden board with plain flour.
- The best way to stretch out the dough is by using the tips of your fingers and pressing down into the ball, until it starts to spread out, at which point you then use the palm of your hand to stretch it into a circular like shape.
- Next, open your jar of pesto and scoop out a generous amount, putting it on to the dough and then spreading it evenly all over to create the delicious pesto pizza base.
- Now, using your hands, rip pieces of buffalo mozzarella and place them all over your pesto pizza dough, making sure there is some on each slice!
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top – using as little or as much as you like!
- Move the pizza tray close to your dough and carefully stretch the pesto pizza on top of it before drizzling a small amount of extra virgin olive oil over the top.
- This pesto pizza recipe allows for approx. 7 minutes baking time – but keep an eye on it! Cooking time all depends on your pizza dough thickness and how hot the oven gets.
- Remove the tray from your oven and place a burrata cheese in the middle, spreading slices of mortadella all around the pesto pizza.
- Add a drizzle of pesto to the top of your burrata and then sprinkle crushed pistachio nuts all over it.
- Make a slice in the burrata and press some of the cheese out of it.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Pesto Pizza
FAST! Slice it up using a pizza cutter and try not to share…you’ll regret it if you do! You can also serve the pizza without cutting into the burrata so you save some of the drama for the table and squeeze out the divine cream when you slice it in front of guests! (Oops, only if you dare to share!)
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.