Penne Arrabbiata Recipe is a mix of very few ingredients which combine together to make one dish that will surely heat things up in the kitchen! The translation of “Arrabiata” is angry, but there’s nothing that will upset you about this meal. Spice things up for someone you love and make a memorable dish with minimal effort.
500gr DeCecco Penne
800gr (2cans) Mutti Peeled Tomatoes
1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
2 good size mild/hot chillies (sliced)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (XVOO)
A bunch of fresh parsley
2 x pinches of dried mixed herbs
Grated parmesan cheese or Pecorino Romano
…And LOTS OF LOVE
1. Bring 5L of water to boil on a high heat.
2. Add 4 tblsp of XVOO to a large saucepan, once it starts to heat up throw in the garlic & chillies.
3. Sautee on a medium heat until the garlic starts to become golden.
4. Open the cans of peeled tomatoes and pour them into a bowl. Add a pinch of salt & dried herbs.
5. Squash down the tomatoes with a fork & mix together well.
6. Chop up a generous amount of parsley.
7. Add the tomato mix & parsley to the saucepan, & stir well. Leave this to cook on a medium heat for about 10/15 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
8. Once the water has boiled, add 2 spoons of sea salt, mix around & add the DeCecco Penne. (If you follow the packet cooking time of 12 minutes, they will be perfect).
9. After 12 minutes, strain the pasta, keeping a little bit of the water inside them and add this to the sauce.
10. Let this simmer for 10 seconds then stir well using a wooden spoon until the penne are smothered with delicious splashes of the sauce.
11. Serve on a flat, white plate and sprinkle fresh Parmesan or Pecorino Romano over the top.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate