How to Make Pasta al Limone
Pasta al limone is a quick and easy recipe that is refreshing and simple but the mix of lemon and mint will take your tastebuds on an Italian Summer holiday! Keep this delicate dish which comes from the south of Italy, for a mid-week treat; add some Italian music in the background to spoil someone special and surprise yourself with this flavour bomb!
Pasta al Limone
- Lemon squeezer
- Zester Grater
- large pot for cooking pasta
- Large fry pan
- Mixing bowl
- Long set of tongs
- 300 grams Spaghetti 10.6oz. Use a dry, long pasta
- 2 Lemons organic is best
- Fresh mint leaves
- 5 L Water
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil or 4 tablespoons of butter
- Pecorino cheese 300g/3cups
- Pasta al limone is quick to make, so start by boiling the water in a large pot.
- Once the water boils, add a handful of rock salt and let it dissolve.
- Next, add the dry spaghetti for your pasta al limone into the pot and let it cook.
- Add 200g/2cups freshly grated pecorino cheese to a mixing bowl along with the zest of one large lemon.
- Add 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to your pan, along with the zest of one lemon – do this before putting the pan on the hot stove.
- Break a few pieces of fresh mint leaves (using your hands) into the pan.
- Now for your pasta al limone, you need lemon juice! Cut a lemon in half, and squeeze the juice from half of the lemon into the bowl and the other half in your pan.
- Place your pan onto the stove at a low temperature and add the pasta (once cooked al dente), then mix slightly.
- Next up, add 4 tablespons of pasta water into the bowl with the pecorino cheese, and whisk this using a fork.
- Now mix this through your pasta, helping it infuse using a set of tongs.
- To make the pasta al limone nice and creamy, grate a generous amount of pecorino cheese on top of the pasta and mix it through until it melts.
- Toss the pan if you can, otherwise just make sure there is enough cheese to create the creaminess you desire.
- Remove the pan from the stove.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Pasta al Limone
Serve up a single portion of pasta on a flat coloured plate, grate some more pecorino cheese on top along with a small amount of fresh lemon zest, and add a couple of sprinkles of mint leaves.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate