How to Make No Knead Pizza Dough
No knead pizza dough is the easy way to prepare for your next pizza party. Create simple pizzeria-style slices with this no knead recipe which has more resting than mixing time and doesn’t get your hands dirty.
If you loved my no-knead bread recipe, then I’m sure you’ll love this too. Use your favourite toppings and recreate my no knead pizza dough base your way for family and friends – they’ll have no idea you made the dough from scratch, with no mess!
Watch No Knead Pizza dough video recipe:
How to Make NO KNEAD PIZZA DOUGH at Home
Vincenzo’s Top Tips To Make No Knead Pizza Dough
BEST way if you are worried to temperature
If you are worried about the temperature in your kitchen, place the bowl in an oven – switched OFF of course – as the temperature is easier to regulate because it will stay the same!
No Knead Pizza Dough
- Table or bench
- Large mixing bowl
- Non-stick baking tray 12 x 9 inches
- Pastry brush
- Pastry scraper or Dough scraper
- 300 ml Water 1 ¼ cup
- 500 grams 00 flour 17.63oz. All-purpose plain flour. Plus extra for sprinkling underneath dough
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil plus extra to add to the pizza
- 5 Fresh yeast 0.17oz. or ½ teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Pecorino cheese
- Dry mozzarella cut into strips
- Fresh basil leaves
- No knead pizza dough starts with good quality yeast. Add the yeast to a large mixing bowl and pour the water into it.
- Next add a handful of flour into the bowl and start to mix everything together.
- Once the yeast has dissolved and everything has combined well, it will turn into a creamy texture and form the base of the no knead pizza dough.
- Now add some more flour to the bowl and mix once again continuing to use a fork. The consistency of the no knead pizza dough should be very wet.
- Add another portion of flour before one tablespoon of salt, then 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and mix again.
- Move the bowl around using your hands and scoop up all the flour (with the fork) that has not yet stuck to the dough, adding it back in and you will soon see the no knead pizza dough start to form a ball.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave to rest for 15-16hr at room temperature.
- After 15hr, remove the plastic wrap from the bowl and your no knead pizza dough should have grown to fill up the bowl.
- It’s now time to make the pizza balls! Sprinkle some flour on the board and wet your hands with water.
- Using your hands, pull out a portion of the dough to create a ball. The no knead pizza dough will be very sticky and the balls not so round – that’s perfect!
- Create a ball which should weigh 350g/12.34oz and place it on top of the flour you have on your bench.
- This recipe should make two pizza balls of a similar size, just make sure there is a nice size gap between the two pizza balls.
- Cover the balls using a kitchen towel – it may also be best if this is slightly damp.
- Leave the balls to rest for between 2-8hr (I know it seems like forever, but it’s worth it!) and the balls should grow between double and triple in size.
- Pour extra virgin olive oil into the baking tray and spread it inside to coat it well using a brush.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250°C/482°F and place the tray inside. It’s important the baking tray is extremely hot before you cook your no knead pizza dough in it!
- Sprinkle (and spread) a generous amount of flour on your bench, scoop up one of the pizza balls and place it on top.
- Start to stretch the pizza dough to the length of your tray using your hands and dust off some of the excess flour.
- Work the dough into shape using the tips of your fingers and moving from the inside, out, leaving some room around the edge for crust.
- Once you have created the base, remove the hot tray from the oven.
- Lift the no knead pizza dough into the tray, turning it upside down and then brush the excess flour off.
- Next, pour tomato and basil sauce over your pizza base and spread it out using the bottom of a tablespoon leaving the edges bare to create a beautiful crust.
- Using a fork, pierce the no knead pizza dough base all over, so it removes excess air.
- Place the pizza in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 250°C/482°F.
- Remove the tray from the oven and finish adding the toppings – my preference is: grated pecorino cheese, dry mozzarella, fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the no knead pizza back in the oven for 3 minutes at the same temperature.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve No Knead Pizza Dough
Add your favourite toppings to this pizza base and serve hot in slices.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.