How to Make No Knead Ciabatta Bread
Ciabatta bread rolls that need NO kneading are easy to make and must be next on your baking list! Create these delicious, crisp ciabatta rolls everyone will love and let the aroma of freshly baked bread take over your kitchen (without the mess!)
Watch how to Make No Knead Ciabatta Bread video recipe:
How to Make NO KNEAD CIABATTA BREAD ROLL – CIABATTA BREAD RECIPE
Vincenzo’s Top Tips To Make No Knead Ciabatta Bread
Removing with ease
To remove the dough with ease from the bowl, wet the tip of a spatula or your hands with warm water.
No Knead Ciabatta Bread
- Spatula or Fork
- Large mixing bowl
- Flat baking tray lined with baking paper
- 400 g/14.10oz 00 flour OR All-purpose flour Plus extra on the side
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 12 g/0.42oz fresh yeast OR 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 300 ml/1 1/3 cups water lukewarm water + small bowl with water for your hands
- No-knead ciabatta bread dough always starts with the flour! Add 10% of your flour (approx. 40g) into a bowl along with the warm water.
- Next, dissolve the yeast into the mix, breaking it down with your hands then using a fork or spatula to combine.
- Once the flour, water and yeast are well mixed, add 2 x tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, then the sugar plus salt and mix through.
- When the ingredients have combined well, slowly add the flour, just 10-20% more at a time, mixing it as you go to make sure the flour is absorbed into the wet mixture.
- Once there is no dry flour in sight, cover the bowl of ciabatta bread dough with plastic wrap and place it in the oven (turned off) for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the bowl from the oven, take off the wrap and put a generous amount of flour on your board, before placing the dough on top.
- Drizzle a generous amount of EVOO on top of the dough, spreading it all over before using the spatula to fold in each side of the bread, one section at a time (some of the flour should now be stuck to most of the dough).
- Now, add even more flour to the ciabatta dough, spreading it all over.
- Cut the loaf into 4-6 portions using a pastry cutter, according to how big you want the ciabatta rolls and gently lift each one (with a hand on either end) and place it on the tray.
- Pre-heat the oven to 230°C/446°F, fill a cake pan with water and place it in the bottom of your oven to help keep the ciabatta bread from drying out.
- Place the ciabatta rolls in the oven for 20 minutes before removing the tray of water and cooking for an additional 5 minutes to create the perfect crispness!
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve No Knead Ciabatta Bread
Leave the bread to rest on a cooling rack for 5-7 minutes and then enjoy! Ciabatta rolls can be enjoyed as a panino filled with your favourite fillings (mine would be prosciutto, salami, fresh mozzarella and grilled eggplant!) or to accompany your meal – maybe a yummy minestrone.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
👏 👏 Great recipe!