How to Make Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
Mushroom Alfredo Pasta? You will not go back to the classic Alfredo recipe after trying this re-imagined version which combines hearty porcini mushrooms with freshly grated truffle. Is your mouth watering yet? Once you mix through salty parmigiano cheese, this dish will hit new heights and you’ll be transported directly to Italy.
Vincenzo’s Top Tips To Make Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
Cooking according to instructions
Cook your pasta according to the packet instructions.
Chunky or thin
Cut mushrooms either into chunky cubes or thin slices. It is actually based on your preference!
Mix! Mix! Mix!
Mix the Parmigiano Regianno through until the pasta is completely covered and melts, this will make the sauce even creamier!!
Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
- Large frypan
- large pot for boiling pasta
- Long tongs
- wooden spoon
- 8.8 oz Dry pasta 200g
- 13.5 oz Butter 100g. Cut into pieces
- 8.8 oz Porcini mushrooms 250g
- Handful grated Parmigiano Regianno
- 1 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil EVOO
- Handful fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp Rock salt or Sea salt
- 1 Truffle
- Water for boiling pasta
- Mushroom alfredo is far from a classic but your pasta method stays the same! Add 5L water to a large pot.
- Once the water boils, add a tblsp of rock salt and mix until it dissolved.
- Add 8.8oz/200g pasta (or as much as you desire) to the pot of boiling water and cook according to packet instructions.
- Cut mushrooms into chunky cubes or thin slices based on your preference and finely chop the parsley.
- Put the large frypan on the stove at a low-medium heat. Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, spreading it across the base of the pan.
- Add mushrooms to your pan and cook for ten minutes stirring while they soften then add the parsley and mix using a wooden spoon.
- While the pasta is boiling scoop up some of the water in the pot using a mug and leave to the side.
- Next, strain the pasta using a hand held sieve or a large colander and add it to the large pan right away.
- Mix the mushroom alfredo pasta through the mushroom mix before adding the butter and combining it once it starts to melt.
- Add the pasta water from the mug and gently mix it through and the sauce should start to thicken.
- Sprinkle in a handful of Parmigiano Regianno and mix through until the pasta is completely covered and this melts though – this will make the sauce even creamier!
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
Using a long set of tongs, serve up a portion of mushroom alfredo pasta to your desired plate and scoop up extra mushrooms using a tablespoon, adding them to the top making sure some of the creamy sauce is also added.
OPTIONAL: Grate some fresh truffle on top and a hint of fresh parsley to garnish!
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate