How to Make Meat Lovers Pizza
Meat Lovers pizza is a staple on take-away pizza restaurants over the world, but why do they use such weird ingredients? What even is Pepperoni? My Meat Lovers pizza is made with a Neapolitan pizza base and uses delicious Italian meat-based toppings including salami, fennel sausage, capocollo and pancetta. THIS is a meatlovers pizza, done RIGHT. Can’t find all of the same ingredients as mine? Go to your local Italian delicatessen and choose authentic Italian cold meats to create your own version, I guarantee your tastebuds will thank you – and so will REAL pizza chefs over the world.
Watch the Meat Lovers Video Recipe:
How to Make Meat Lovers Pizza Like an Italian
Vincenzo’s Top Tips To Make Meat Lovers Pizza
BEST way to create it
If you find this tricky, place a large salad bowl upside down and place the dough on top. Press down on it (using the tips of your fingers) and start stretching it out making sure not to touch the edges -This will allow you to create a crust. Once it has started to stretch over the bowl, pick it up and turn it over then pull from the bottom out lifting the dough and making sure to leave the edges.
The BEST temperature for the BEST result
Make sure your oven is pre-heated to 400°C for the best Neapolitan style result.
Spread all over and don’t leave space
Make sure to add the tomato sauce to the pizza base and spread it all over don’t forget to leave space for crust around the edges.
Meat Lovers Pizza
- Table or bench space
- Pizza peel
- Oven that can reach up to 400 °C - 750°F
- Fry pan
- Spicy Italian Salami
- Pork & fennel sausage
- Fresh basil leaves
- Pecorino Romano grated
- Fresh Buffalo Fior di latte mozzarella
- San Marzano peeled tomato mixed with EVO), Basil, Salt
- Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- Meat lovers pizza should be made using your favourite method of making pizza dough.
- For the sauce, follow my recipe here: Tomato sauce for pizza.
- Next, get all your toppings for a meatlovers pizza ready. Start by peeling the outer skin from your Italian fennel sausage and cut it in half and slice the pancetta into strips.
- Put the pan on your stove at a medium heat and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil inside.
- Add the sausage to your pan along with the pancetta and cook until they both start to brown.
- Turn the sausage and pancetta so they cook on both sides and remove from the pan once golden before chopping the sausage into pieces.
- Cut the capocollo and salami into thin slices.
- When the dough is ready, spread it out using my Neapolitan technique.
- When it has stretched enough place it on your bench.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pizza base and spread it all over using the back of your spoon and don’t forget to leave space for crust around the edges.
- Sprinkle pecorino romano on top before adding mozzarella cheese, capocollo, pancetta, sausage and spicy salami.
- Finally, add some fresh basil leaves, EVOO and pull it onto your pizza peel before putting it straight in the oven to cook.
- Cook this for 45 seconds, then lift it out with your peel, turn it around and cook the next edge for 15 seconds, and then repeat to cook the final edge for 15 seconds too.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Meat Lovers Pizza
Slice up your pizza and eat while it’s hot – you will NEVER order a meatlovers pizza again. This is the way pizza was meant to be enjoyed, with an authentic Neapolitan base and beautiful Italian ingredients.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.