How to Make Four Cheese Pasta
Four cheese pasta is even creamier than carbonara and cacio e pepe! (Who thought that could be possible?!) So if you’re a fan of those dishes then this is a MUST-HAVE! Combining four different cheeses with Gorgonzola as the hero, the only thing you really need to prep is a handful of walnuts – and that’s to garnish at the end! This could be my new favourite pasta – and it couldn’t be easier to make! What cheese are you going to use?
Vincenzo’s Top Tips To Make Four Cheese Pasta
The 2 RULES
It is crucial your heat is low and you gently stir – remember these 2 rules and you’ll enjoy four cheese pasta perfection.
If you can, toss the pasta while in the pan as this will create the most incredible cream and really add the perfect texture to your dish. In Italian, this is called “mantecare”.
Stir both milk and cheese gently to combine
This should be really a slow process so the cheese doesn’t burn and the milk helps with this too, it also adds creaminess.
Four Cheese Pasta
- Large fry pan
- large pot
- wooden spoon
- 50 grams Gorgonzola Cheese 1.7oz
- 50 grams Stracchino Cheese 1.7oz
- 50 grams Mascarpone Cheese 1.7oz
- 3-4 tbsp Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 200 grams Penne Rigate pasta 7oz
- 80 ml Full cream milk 0.3cup
- 1 tbsp Rock salt
- Handful Walnuts roughly crushed
- Four cheese pasta is best served with a short pasta so start by boiling up 5L water in a very large pot.
- Once it boils, add a tablespoon of rock salt, allow to dissolve then add your pasta of choice. Cooking time depends on the pasta so follow the packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the pan on your stove and warm to a medium-low heat.
- Add the milk along with the gorgonzola and stracchino. The stracchino will need to be broken into pieces to help it melt.
- Stir the milk and cheese gently to combine. This should be a slow process so the cheese doesn’t burn – the milk helps with this too, it also adds creaminess.
- Keep stirring until everything has combined well for your four cheese pasta.
- As soon as the pasta is ready, scoop up a mug full of pasta water and leave it to the side.
- Next, strain your pasta and add it to the pan before quickly stirring it with the sauce.
- While the pan is still on the stove, add the scoop of mascarpone cheese along with 1/3 of your pasta water and combine for around 30 seconds – stir the whole time to help it mix well together and also melt quickly.
- Remove the pan from your stove and add the pecorino cheese before stirring through really well.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Four Cheese Pasta
To create a delicious and visually appealing plate of four-cheese pasta. Start by adding a generous portion of the pasta to the centre of a flat plate. Using a spoon, scoop up some extra sauce and pour it over the top of the pasta, ensuring that every inch of the dish is covered with the delicious sauce.
Then, to add an extra element of texture and flavour, sprinkle some crushed walnuts all over the top of the pasta, creating a beautiful garnish that is sure to impress.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate