How to Make Chocolate Cheesecake Pan di Stelle
Chocolate Cheesecake made with Pan di Stelle, beautiful cookies I have been eating since I was a little boy. Pan di Stelle cookies are an after-school snack with warm milk. For adults, it means re-living their childhood briefly as they dunk their biscotti in their morning caffe latte. In addition, this cheesecake version of the beloved snack is perfect for anyone on any occasion. There wouldn’t be enough for a crowd, so I recommend making two batches of this heavenly dessert.
Alternatively, if you have never tasted Pan di Stelle, they are a delicious shortbread cookie made with butter, sugar and flour. The cookies come in many flavours, such as hazelnut, almond and lemon. You can buy Pan di Stelle cookies at every bakery or grocery store in Italy. You can eat the cookies as a snack. However, they make a great dessert as well. You can top them with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or even ice cream! They are also great to serve at parties because they look so fancy, but you don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen trying to figure out what.
Vincenzo’s Top Tip To Make Chocolate Cheesecake Pan di Stelle
The secret is to crumble the cookies into a very fine powder to obtain a perfect base that doesn’t crumble.
Keep it free
To keep the surface of the chocolate cheesecake pan di stelle smooth and prevent it from cracking, it is very important to keep the mixture free of air while preparing the cream cheese.
Chocolate Cheesecake Pan di Stelle
- 500 grams Spreadable cheese 17.62oz. Like Philadelphia
- 50 grams Butter 15.3oz
- 350 grams Pan di Stelle 12.36oz. Or similar chocolate cookie
- 230 ml Whipping cream 1 cup
- 4 Eggs
- 100 grams Sugar 3.5oz
- 0.5 grams Vanilla powder 0.02oz
- 300 grams Dark chocolate 10.6oz
- 2 tbsp Bitter cocoa
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Lemon for juice
- 130 grams Mascarpone 4.6oz
- 35 grams Powdered sugar 1.2oz
- Crumble the cookies and mix them with the melted butter. Pour the mixture into a hinged baking dish that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Compact the pan di stelle cookies well and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Put the cheese into a bowl. With an electric hand mixer, work the Philadelphia cheese and the sugar until smooth and blended.
- Add in the liquid cream, vanilla powder, lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the eggs and continue to mix well the hand mixer.
- Using a sifter, add in the corn starch and bitter cocoa. Pour in the melted dark chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the cream into the baking dish and even out the surface. Bake at 160 C/ 320 F for 1 hour. Let it cool completely and then place it in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Decorate the cake as you wish. We chose to use a mascarpone cream. To prepare, work the mascarpone and powdered sugar with an electric hand mixer.
- Add in whipped cream until the mixture becomes smooth and evenly blended.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Chocolate Cheesecake with Pan di Stelle
Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious dessert with a crunchy, chocolatey twist from the Pan di Stelle cookies.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate