How to Make Calypso Cocktail
Take yourself to a tropical inspired setting with this passion fruit infused Calypso Cocktail which is refreshing on the palette and will get your taste buds dancing (and maybe even your body!).
Watch video recipe:
Calypso Cocktail Recipe | Aperol and Passion Fruit Cocktail | Italian Brazilian Style
Vincenzo’s Top Tip To Make Calypso Cocktail
The Calypso Cocktail is best served with mixed olives, bread sticks and a side of my delicious Penne Arrabiata. Click here to get the Penne Arrabbiata Recipe.
- Boston cocktail shaker
- Cocktail fruit masher
- Mini hurricane glass
- 30 ml Passoa
- 30 ml Aperol
- Dash of Passionfruit juice
- 1 cup Crushed ice
- 1 cup Ice cubes
- 2 Medium sized strawberries 1 cut into pieces
- 3 Medium size orange slices
- 1 Passionfruit cut in half
- Put the strawberry pieces and 2 orange slices into the shaker glass.
- Crush down the fruit using a cocktail fruit masher (Or something you might have at home to help you squish it down.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the polpa of one half of the passionfruit and add it to the mix.
- Add 30ml Passoa, then 30ml Aperol.
- Pour in a dash of passion fruit juice.
- Add ice as desired (careful not to add too much).
- Using the shaker, close it over the top of the glass and……SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!!
- Pour the contents into a mini hurricane glass.
- Add 2-3 spoonful’s of crushed ice.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Calypso Cocktail
- Pierce a whole strawberry and a slice of orange through a toothpick and decorate your calypso cocktail by sitting this on top (a little to the side).
- Add a straw and voila…you can serve.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.