How to Make Beef Tenderloin
Beef tenderloin – known in Australia as Eye Fillet – is a delicious and tender special meat.
In this recipe I am going to show you how to cook the perfect beef tenderloin steak with a classy Italian twist.
Watch Beef Tenderloin Steak video recipe:
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT BEEF TENDERLOIN STEAK | Eye Fillet Temptation
Vincenzo’s Top Tips To Make Beef Tenderloin
Heat if up first
Make sure to heat up first your BBQ and spray the grill lightly with oil before placing those slices of potatoes and asparagus on top.
Avoid it from burning
Turn them regularly as you cook it through so they won’t burn
Please, remove it
Use your tongs to remove each leaf from the pan until you notice the leaves become a dark green and place them onto paper towels so excess oil is removed.
- 2 Thin slices of white potato
- ½ Medium size white potato
- 2 Thin slices of sweet potato
- 200/250 grams Angus Eye Fillet
- 3 Asparagus spears
- 2 slices Prosciutto di parma
- 400 grams Dried porcini mushrooms
- Salt & Pepper
- 50 grams Rocket leaves
- 2 Thin slices smoked mozzarella
- Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- Olive Oil
- Fill your kettle with water and bring it to boil.
- In a large bowl, marinate your eye fillet in extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of pepper. This should be left outside of the fridge to reduce to room temperature for approx. 20 minutes.
- Put the dried porcini mushrooms in a bowl and once the water has boiled, pour it into the bowl until all the mushrooms are covered. Leave to the side for 15 minutes.
- Add the porcini mushrooms, along with a third of the water from the bowl and half a boiled potato into a food processor. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper and mix until creamy.
- Fill a small pot with water and place it on the Weber BBQ. Bring it to boil and add half potato. Cook until it softens. Leave to the side to cool.
- Thinly cut 2 x slices of white potato and another 2 of sweet potato.
- Chop the end of the asparagus spears off.
- Heat up the Weber BBQ and spray the grill lightly with oil before placing the slices of potatoes and asparagus on top.
- Leave them to cook well on each side for a few minutes, or until they begin to soften and lightly brown, turning them regularly so they cook through and don't burn.
- Fill a small frying pan with olive oil and add the rocket leaves. Fry this on the BBQ until you notice the leaves become a dark green. Using tongs, remove each leaf from the pan and place them onto paper towels so excess oil is removed.
- Place the eye fillet on the BBQ and leave to cook on each side for 4 minutes.
- Once the eye fillet is ready, leave it to the side to rest.
- Create a small stack layering a slice of potato and mozzarella one on top of the other. Squeeze it together with your tongs and place it on the BBQ so that the cheese begins to melt.
- Press down on the stack and after a few minutes; turn it over so that the other layer of cheese begins to melt.
- Wrap 2 thin slices of prosciutto di Parma around the asparagus and lightly spray it with oil. Then place it back on to the BBQ until it starts to crisp. Cook it on both sides.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Beef Tenderloin
- Get a small paddle chopping board and smear a generous amount of porcini cream on the bottom.
- Place the eye fillet on top, adding the potato stack, asparagus and finally, a few crisps of fried rocket leaves on top and around the sides of the paddle.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.