How to Make Baked Figs
Figs wrapped in prosciutto and stuffed with cheese is a classic appetiser that never fails to impress. The combination of salty prosciutto and sweet figs creates a perfect balance of flavours and textures to make your taste buds dance with joy. Additionally, this dish is not only delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make, taking only ten minutes to prepare.
Furthermore, stuff the figs with your choice of cheese, wrap them in prosciutto, and drizzle with honey for sweetness. The contrast between the salty prosciutto and the sweet honey makes this dish a crowd-pleaser that will leave your guests asking for the recipe. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or looking for a quick and easy appetiser, baked figs wrapped in prosciutto and gorgonzola is a must-try dish that will impress.
Watch Baked Figs video recipe:
How to Make Baked Figs Wrapped in Prosciutto and Gorgonzola Like an Italian
Vincenzo’s Top Tips To Make Baked Figs
It should stick easily!
Firstly, the prosciutto should stick easily on to the skin and its OK if the slice is long and it overlaps.
Choose ripe figs
Select fresh figs that are plump and soft to the touch. Ripe figs will have a sweet, jammy flavor that will complement the salty prosciutto and pungent gorgonzola cheese.
Stuff the figs
Lastly, cut a slit in each fig and stuff it with a small piece of gorgonzola cheese. Wrap each fig with a thin slice of prosciutto and place on a baking sheet.
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- 5 Figs
- 5 slices Prosciutto
- 5 pieces Gorgonzola chopped
- Pre-heat the oven at 160 degrees celcius.
- Trim the top of each fig, making sure to get rid of most of the thick white part.
- Cut a slit through the centre of the fig from the top, 1/3 of the way down. Turn the fig around,and repeat this on the other side.
- Gently open the fig a little bit more using your hands.
- Press a piece of gorgonzola (or two smaller chunks) into each fig – not too far down!
- Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each fig.
- Line a flat pizza/baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the figs on top of the tray and then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 160 degrees celcius.
- Remove the figs from the oven.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Baked Figs
For a simple yet elegant appetizer, start by creating a bed of rocket on a long rectangular plate. Place the baked figs on top in a line, and drizzle some honey over the cheese to add a touch of sweetness. It’s important not to overdo the honey as the prosciutto is already salty. Serve this dish while warm for a delicious contrast of flavors and textures.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.