How to Make Arrosticini
Part One of my Arrosticini Recipe series is all about how to prepare this traditional Abruzzese dish. In this episode, I have partnered with BBQ and Grill expert, BBQ Aroma and we prepare the individual skewers with a special utensil called a “Cubo”. I am absolutely thrilled to be sharing this video with you as we create juicy skewers with a lean lamb shoulder. This has just enough fat to sizzle on a flame and add an extra flavour bomb to the meat. Look out for Part 2 where we cook and savour the Arrosticini, taking me right back home…with a special guest!
Vincenzo’s Top Tip for Arrosticini Abruzzesi
The BBQ Aroma!
Prior to using the bamboo sticks for your Arrosticini, soak them for around an hour, using hot water and add a little salt. This will prevent them from burning when cooking the meat.
- Cubo (If you are interested in purchasing a Cubo box, BBQ expert Nick Angelucci of BBQ Aroma sells them. He can also give you more advice about alternate options to use) Check him out: www.bbqaroma.com
- Long metal skewer
- Fillet Knife Sharpened
- 3 ml Bamboo sticks skewers
- Lamb shoulder Quantity depends on how much you are making
- Get out the Cubo and layer the filleted lamb shoulders inside the cube, flattening them slightly and making sure you cover each corner.
- Once you have built the layers of your Arrosticini, close the Cubo tightly with the lid, pressing down hard.
- You then need to poke through every individual hole from the top of the Cubo, so that the bamboo skewer can then slide straight in.
- On the sides of the Cubo box, there are guides which you should follow to slice through the meat using a fillet knife. Doing this, will create small pieces of meat which will then be left as cubes on every single Arrosticini skewer.
- Press down hard on the skewers with a thin plate and lift up the lid. You can then remove this, followed by each individual skewer.
- Line the Arrosticini up on a plate or a tray.
- The Arrosticini are now ready to be grilled…watch out next week for Part Two of the Arrosticini series, How to COOK Arrosticini…I CAN'T WAIT!
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to Serve Arrosticini Abruzzese
Lastly, when serving Arrosticini Abruzzese, arrange the cooked skewers on a platter, accompanied by grilled vegetables and dipping sauces. Encourage communal dining, enjoy them by hand, and pair them with a robust red wine. Additionally, serve hot and savour the authentic flavors together.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate