How to Make Almond Croissant
Almond croissants are crescents of absolute heaven. These flaky morsels are filled with the most luscious almond cream and you cannot go past their nutty flavor or golden exterior. What is the secret to getting them beautiful and crisp on the outside while moist and fluffy on the inside? All is revealed in this episode of my baking series, cooking once again alongside master baker Anthony Silvio. Watch this recipe to learn how to create the most divine tasting almond croissant and easily recreate the pastry in your very own kitchen.
How to Make ALMOND CROISSANT Recipe like a Baker
Anthony’s Top Tips To Make Almond Croissant
BEST method to add it
Hold the piping bag in one hand and roll it down half way over your fist, creating a well in the middle. Then add the almond cream using a spatula by pushing up against your thumb.
Slow and Low
In mixing your ingredients such as the almond meal and flour, be sure to beat it slowly on a low speed until it is all mix together.
Nutty and Golden brown
To make sure that your almond croissants is ready, the almond flakes will turn nutty and golden brown. Ready to serve!
- Stand mixer or Hand mixer
- 2 Tablespoon
- Piping bag or use a zip lock bag
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Hand held saucepan
- Sharp knife
- Serrated bread knife
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lemon
- 250 grams Room temp water 8.8oz
- 250 grams White sugar 8.8oz
- 1 shot Amaretto di Saronno
- 250 grams Butter 8.8oz
- 250 grams Caster sugar 8.8oz
- 250 grams Almond meal 8.8oz
- 150 grams Plain flour 3.5oz
- 4 whole Organic eggs
- Dollop vanilla bean paste
- Flaked Almonds
- 2 Day old croissant trust me!
- HOW TO MAKE THE ALMOND CROISSANT SYRUP:
- Almond croissants are soaked in sweet syrup so we start with this! Pour the water and sugar into the hand held saucepan and add a piece of lemon and orange peel (just cut a piece using a sharp knife).
- Boil this for 3-4 minutes then turn off and allow to cool before adding the shot of Amaretto (Di Saronno) and stirring through.
- Leave for 1hr until fully cooled (or put in the fridge to speed process up!)
- Once cooled, pour into a large bowl.
- HOW TO MAKE THE ALMOND CREAM:
- Cream together butter with sugar and a dollop of vanilla bean paste using a stand mixer at medium speed.
- Mix through one egg at a time, beating the ingredients as you add each egg.
- Next add the almond meal and flour before beating slowly on low speed until it is all incorporated.
- HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE CROISSANT
- Prepare a tray with baking paper on top.
- Cut the croissant on an angle using a serrated bread knife, from the outside and ¾ through – don’t cut all the way to the end!
- Gently open the croissant and lay flat.
- Using both of your hands, hold the croissant open with the inside part facing down and soak in the bowl of syrup for 1 sec.
- Hold the croissant above the bowl, let it drip and then close it gently and let it drip for a further 20 seconds on each side or until it stops dripping.
- Place the almond croissant onto the tray (open) and repeat steps 2-6 with each croissant.
- Fill each croissant with almond cream using the piping bag covering the entire base.
- Close the almond croissant and pipe one straight line of almond cream over the top (down the middle) before dunking it into a plate of flaked almonds.
- Repeat steps 7-8 for your desired number of croissants.
- Place the tray of almond croissants in the oven at 180°C/356°F for 25 minutes or until almond flakes turn nutty/golden brown.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Almond Croissant
The finishing touch on every almond croissant is icing sugar! Dust this over the top and serve warm with a delicious coffee.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate