How to Make Almond Cake
Almond cake might just make you change the way you think about dessert! It is dense yet moist and you can adapt to suit your taste and add any fruit you choose – I added fresh figs and let me tell you, it took my almond cake recipe to a whole new level! You can also substitute plain flour for buckwheat and make it a flourless cake with the same flavoursome taste! Try this quick and easy almond cake recipe to create this moreish treat and let me know what fruit you add!
How to Make Almond Cake with Almond Flour
Vincenzo’s Top Tips To Make Almond Cake
Once you have made the green pasta, roll a handful of the strands around your fingers, creating little nests and leave to rest on a tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with flour and leave until you are ready to cook OR put the tray in the freezer until the green pasta is frozen, then transfer into zip lock bags or air-tight containers.
- Baking tin 23cm/9’’
- Pastry brush
- 2 Medium size mixing bowls
- 3 Organic eggs room temperature
- 120 grams Almond meal Half cup. or Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Almond extract
- 50 grams White sugar 1.76oz
- 80 grams Plain flour 2.82oz. Or Buckwheat if making GF
- 50 grams Natural Greek yoghurt 1.76oz
- 50 grams Butter 1.76oz. + extra 20g/0.7oz melted butter
- pinch Of salt
- 5 Fresh figs or apricots, peaches, pears, strawberries – you choose!
- This almond cake recipe is fast and simple, so start by melting the 20g/0.7oz) butter in the microwave, and pre-heat your oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Spread the melted butter over the base of the tin and all over the edges to prevent it from sticking.
- Combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, all-purpose/buckwheat flour, sugar, a pinch of salt, baking powder into a bowl and mix with a fork.
- In another bowl, add the rest of the butter (melted), 3 eggs, ½ teaspoon almond extract, greek yoghurt and whisk well so everything combines.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry, into one bowl and add it to the baking tray.
- Spread the almond cake mixture evenly, moving it around until it is even on top.
- Remove the top of the figs and cut them into slices, then place them around the edges of the tin, on top of your almond cake mixture, then add to the centre, until there are no gaps.
- Place the cake into the oven for 30-35min then let cool for 15-20minutes.
- Using a knife, gently check whether the cake has stuck to the side of the pan, by poking down around the crevices to help release it, making it easy to remove.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Almond Cake
Sprinkle the almond cake with icing sugar and eat it warm or cold – it is irresistible either way! You might want to serve it with some mascarpone cream on the side or maybe even ice-cream…
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate