- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
Have you ever heard of Seafood Carbonara? No? Well now you have!! Watch my first ever video recipe filmed in my home town Pescara , Italy on the BEACH with one of my biggest inspirations…my DAD
He is the best self-taught seafood cook ever and I can’t wait tor you to enjoy the fun we get up to while you learn this original and DELICIOUS Italian dish.
Watch Seafood Carbonara video recipe:
- 600g Calamari (cut into small pieces)
- 400g King Prawns
- 200g Mussels (Steamed and removed from Shell)
- 1kg Spaghetti (Get a good brand please )
- Sea Salt
- 5L water
- 1 x 5L pot
- 1 x large deep pan
- 1 x wooden spoon
- 1 x pasta strainer
- A set of tongs
- Add a generous amount of EVOO to the pan on a low heat.
- When the oil is warm add 600g of calamari and cook for about 15minutes. Stir it every now and then.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add a pinch of salt. Also add a pinch of salt to the calamari.
- Once the water boil add a generous pinch of salt.
- The start cooking the spaghetti.
- Now add the prawns and cook them for a couple of minutes, then add the mussels too and stir well
- Occasionally stir the pasta as it begins to cook. Do this to make sure it cooks perfectly.
- Now add a few spoons of the flavoured sauce to the boiling water as it gives a nice flavour to the pasta. Every little detail counts.
- Once the spaghetti are cooked, add it in the saucepan and mix together well. Turn the heat off.
- Pour the beaten egg mix on the seafood pasta and carefully stir the egg through. Just like you are making normal carbonara, but careful not to scramble the eggs.
HOW TO SERVE:
- Using a large flat white plate, place a twirl of pasta in the centre and decorate with extra pieces of seafood.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley if you like. It gives a nice colour to our seafood carbonara.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Another wonderful Seafood Pasta for you to try is my Seafood Spaghetti
Join my private exclusive Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate