- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
SCALLOP PASTA RECIPE
Scallop Pasta has just a few ingredients but once mixed together they are simply the perfect pairing – imagine it: cherry tomatoes, parsley, lemon zest, garlic and chilli, then add the hero of the dish, fresh scallops, lightly seared and bursting with flavour. If you’re unsure where to start with cooking seafood, this is the ideal dish – super easy but exploding with aromas of the mediterranean. Y-U-M.
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE
300g/10.5oz Fettuccelle/Spaghetti/Fettuccine Pasta
12 scallops (approc 6 pp)
2 garlic cloves
Fresh parsley (chopped)
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Salt & Pepper
Large fry pan
Large pot for cooking pasta
- Scallop pasta needs fresh aromas, so place your garlic cloves (skin on) on the chopping board and using the flat side of the knife, squash the garlic down starting at one end and pressing the knife flat on top. Repeat for the second clove.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half and the chilli into very small pieces (if using fresh).
- Add 5L water into the large pot and place on the stove to boil.
- Place the fry pan on the stove at a medium heat and add extra virgin olive oil – be generous, approx. 4 tablespoons.
- Add the garlic cloves to the pan and let them infuse in the oil – this is the start of the scallop pasta that will make the flavour just right!
- Next add the chilli and let these flavours combine – drop the temp to a low heat if necessary so they don’t burn.
- Once the chilli has begun to wrinkle and turn golden, remove the garlic and add the scallops to the pan, searing one side at a time for no longer then 2 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and turn the scallops over to cook the other side.
- Leave to simmer for just over 1 minute then squash down the cherry tomatoes, helping the juice to come out.
- Leave to simmer for a few minutes making sure the scallops turn golden brown – remove your favourites to be used as garnish when serving.
- Let the tomatoes cook for a few more minutes until they stop releasing juice (no longer than 5 minutes!).
- The cherry tomatoes should have created a creamy sauce at this point and the aroma in your kitchen will definitely be inviting!
- Remove your pan from the stove and leave on the side.
- Your pasta water should be boiling by now! When it does, rock salt and let dissolve before adding your chosen pasta. Cook pasta according to packet instructions and press the pasta inside if it is too long!
- Collect water from the large pot using a mug then strain your pasta.
- Add the pasta to your pan before also combining the pasta water and stirring it through to create a creamy sauce, turning the stove on to a very low heat to help evaporate some of the water.
- At this point, add a generous amount of lemon zest, parsley and mix through before finally adding a touch of salt and pepper.
- If you can, toss the pan as this will allow all of the flavours to really combine perfectly!
HOW TO SERVE: Immediately!
Serve up the pasta onto a flat plate and add the scallops you put to the side as garnish along with some more lemon zest (and even parsley if you wish) – be generous as this will add another texture and the perfect flavour to your dish.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
If you loved this Scallop Pasta recipe you should also try these pasta dishes:
Join my private exclusive Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate