- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
HOW TO MAKE TUNA PASTA
Tuna pasta is a refreshing pasta dish, suitable for all seasons and it can be enjoyed hot right away or even cold as a salad. Smothered with tuna soaked in fresh lemon juice and zest, this dish screams Summer in Italy and is bold in flavour. Tuna pasta is likely to be your newest mid-week pasta meal – it’s simple, light and perfect with fusilli pasta which really soak up the ingredients.
300g Fusilli Pasta
400g tuna in olive oil
1 large lemon
Small jar capers marinated in salt
120g rocket/arugula salad
Small bunch fresh parsley (chopped)
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Medium fry pan
Large pot (for boiling pasta)
- Tuna pasta needs good quality fusilli pasta, cooked one minute less than the required time, so start by adding 5L water to a large pot and put it on the stove to boil.
- Next put your fry pan on the stove at a medium heat and add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO).
- Mix in 400g tuna, breaking it down into small pieces using a fork, then add the zest of a lemon before cutting it in half and squeezing fresh juice from both sides.
- Stir the juice into the tuna pasta mixture using a wooden spoon before adding the capers and fresh parsley and mixing through.
- Add salt, pepper, mix once more before leaving to simmer for 5 minutes then remove from stove.
- Next add a pinch of rock salt to the pot of boiling water.
- Put the dry fusilli pasta in the pot and cook 1 minute less than the required time.
- Once the pasta is ready, put the fry pan back on the stove at a low heat and add 1 cup of pasta water before mixing using a wooden spoon.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan and combine really well adding more pasta water if necessary. This will help thicken the tuna pasta mix.
- Mix for up to a minute, remove tuna pasta from heat.
HOW TO SERVE:
Serve up a generous amount of tuna pasta in a flat plate or bowl. Using a spoon, scoop up extra tuna mix and add it to each serve so every mouthful is filled with the perfect combination of flavours.
Drizzle a dash of EVOO on top along with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley to garnish.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
This is another version of TUNA PASTA – The question is: Which one do you like more?
Join my private exclusive Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate