- Difficulty Level Easy
Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Zucchini fritters are delicious morsels of crispy goodness. The combination of salty pecorino cheese with flavoursome zucchini are a match made in foodie heaven. Try one. Or two…you’ll end up eating them all!
Watch video recipe:
How to Make Italian Zucchini Fritters | Best Zucchini Recipe Ever
- 5 x eggs
- 5 x zucchini
- 3 x heaped tablespoons of self-raising flour
- 2 x heaped tablespoons of plain flour
- 5 x tablespoons of freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- Cooking salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 x medium size mixing bowls
- 2 x tablespoons
- Medium deep fry pan
- Paper towels
- To make the zucchini fritters, you should first prepare the zucchini by freshly grating them into a bowl.
- Add a sprinkle of cooking salt to the grated zucchini and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Then, scoop out handfuls of the mixture at a time, squeezing them by pressing both hands around them until you get all of the water out, transferring them into a clean bowl.
- Crack five eggs into a medium sized bowl and whisk them well. Then, add salt and pepper, and mix again.
- The next step for your zucchini fritters is to add both the self-raising flour and plain flour, followed by the pecorino cheese.
- Once this is mixed through well, combine it in the same bowl as the zucchini and mix.
- Then heat up olive oil in a medium pan. Once it is ready, turn it down slightly so the oil doesn’t burn the fritters.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out a heap of the mixture gently drop it into the pan with oil.
- Make sure you cook each side of the zucchini fritters for just over a minute or until golden brown.
VINCENZO’S PLATE: If it is turning brown or cooking faster than this, you need to turn the heat down! 10. Remove each zucchini fritter once cooked and transfer it to a plate with paper towels on top to soak any excess oil.
How to serve:
Transfer the zucchini fritters while still warm on to a serving plate and sprinkle freshly grated Pecorino on top (generously if you’re anything like my wife!)
This is How Italian Zucchini Fritters Looks Like When Cooked
E ora si mangia Vincenzo’s Plate
Join my Culinary Tour “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before. The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. Visit this Italian Tour link for more details.