- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
ASPARAGUS WITH PANCETTA
Salty, sweet heaven. The Pancetta will really get those tastebuds dancing while the asparagus and parmesan will melt in your mouth…mmm
Watch video recipe:
8 x fresh asparagus spears
90gr of pancetta
2 x pinches of dried mix herbs
Extra virgin olive oil
A pinch of table salt
3 x tablespoons of white vinegar
Fresh Parmesan cheese
3L of water
1 x small saucepan
1 x non-stick frypan (ovensafe)
1 x wooden spoon
1. Let’s start by pre-heating the oven at 160 degrees.
2. Bring 3litres of water to boil and then add a pinch of salt.
3. Cut 1cm from the end of each asparagus spear (and throw it out) and place them in the boiling water for about 7minutes.
4. Cut the pancetta into small cubes and place a non-stick saucepan on the stove at a medium heat.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the pancetta which will begin to sizzle and brown.
6. Add a small pinch of dried herbs and let this cook it for around 5 minutes.
7. Remove the asparagus from the pot using a set of tongs and add them to the pancetta (add extra love into it).
8. Pour the vinegar over the top, add another pinch of herbs and stir it for a minute.
9. Grate some fresh parmesan on top of the asparagus and place it in the oven for 2 minutes.
10. Remove this from the oven and place the asparagus in the plate using the tongs and then add the pancetta on top and a little extra on the side to decorate the plate.
HOE TO SERVE IT:
Remove this from the oven and place the asparagus in the plate using the tongs and then add the pancetta on top and a little extra on the side to decorate the plate.
Tip: Have it with a nice slice of Vincenzo’s Plate Homemade Olive Bread
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!