- Difficulty Level Beginner
Mini Cake also known as mini naked cakes are sexy, elegant and deeeelicious.
Watch the Mini Cake video recipe:
TO MAKE THE SPONGE:
- 5 farm fresh extra-large eggs
- 150g white sugar
- 200g plain flour
TO MAKE THE FILLING:
- Mascarpone Cheese
- Mango Juice
- Edible Flowers
- Strawberry Jam
- Icing Sugar
TO MAKE THE MOIST SPONGE CAKE:
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celcius (302F).
- Mix 5 x eggs with 150g white sugar using an electric mixer.
- Sift in 200g plain flour and fold through using a whisk.
- Cover a large cake pan with butter and a few sprinkles of flour to coat it and to prevent the cake from sticking to it once it is baking in the oven.
- Pour the sponge cake mix into the pan and place this in the oven for about 1 hour. Make sure you don’t open the oven while it’s baking!
HOW TO ASSEMBLE:
- Once the sponge has cooked and cooled, use a round cutter to cut the cake into mini serves of sponge cake.
- Cut each portion of mini sponge cake into 3 even slices. Then, starting with the bottom layer, wet the top of the sponge cake (just slightly using a pastry brush) with mango juice. This will help to keep the sponge moist.
- Spread a generous amount of mascarpone cheese on top of this layer, using a teaspoon, making sure to cover all of the base and its edges. Add 2 spoons of strawberry jam (or another jam you like). You can even add thin slices of fresh strawberry on top of the mascarpone cream.
- Then, place the next layer of sponge on top and wet it again, then repeat step 3.
- Add the final layer of sponge on top and wet it with mango juice.
- Finally, to top it off, add a small amount of mascarpone cheese using a piping bag, then decorate it with a raspberry or blueberry, along with an edible flower and a sprinkle of icing sugar.
Your delicious and Sexy Mini Naked Cakes are now ready to be served and enjoyed.
E ora si mangia Vincenzo’s Plate
Join my Culinary Tour “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before. The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. Visit this Italian Tour link for more details.