- Difficulty Level Easy
Macedonia is a refreshing, easy and delicious Italian Style Fruit Salad made with love and happiness. Take a look at the video recipe and enjoy the stunning location situated on the Blue Mountains, Australia…What’s your favorite relaxing location?
Watch video recipe:
- 2 x ripe kiwi’s
- 2 x slices of rockmelon
- ½ apple
- 10 strawberries
- 2 x lemons
- 4 x tablespoons of sugar
- Medium mixing bowl
- 1 x knife
- 1 x tablespoon
- 1 x martini glass (or 2!) to serve
ONE DAY BEFORE
- Cut the strawberries into small cubes and place them into a small mixing bowl.
- Squeeze one full lemon on top of the strawberries.
- Sprinkle 3 or 4 tablespoons of sugar over the top.
- Leave this in the fridge overnight and it will become full of a yummy strawberry juice! Taste a small amount to see if it needs any more sugar or lemon to make sure the flavour is balanced.
- Cut the kiwi, rockmelon and apple into small cubes.
- Add them to your medium sized mixing bowl.
- Pour the strawberries with all of the delicious juice over the top.
- Mix together well.
- If you want it to be extra sweet, add another 2 spoons of sugar.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice on top of the fruit holding your hand underneath to catch any of the small seeds from falling in.
- Mix together well with a spoon.
THE NEXT DAY
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: If you don’t want to add any extra sugar but you still want to keep the fruit salad sweet, leave out the extra sugar and squeeze an orange over the top.
HOW TO SERVE:
- Scoop up 3 big spoonful’s of fruit salad and pour it into a martini glass for an extra special touch!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!