- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
HOW TO COOK NEOPOLITAN PIZZA AT HOME
Change your pizza game by cooking Neopolitan style pizza in your very own home. My special guest pizzaiolo Lucio is back and will be showing you how to cook a quality, Neopolitan style pizza in a domestic oven. The pizza dough has to be a high in hydration and once stretched and assembled you’ll be able to master both the crunch and the crust – surprising yourself you didn’t move from the kitchen!
How to Cook NEAPOLITAN PIZZA at Home Like a Neapolitan Pizza Chef
Homemade pizza dough (approx. 65% hydration) – Create a %75 hydration dough if you are an experienced Pizza maker
Follow my recipe here: Neopolitan Pizza Dough Recipe
Pizza peel (optional)
Laser thermometer (optional)
- How to cook neopolitan style pizza at home? Start with pre-heating the oven to its maximum temperature at least 40 minutes before you cook the pizza (static mode – both bottom and top need to be heating up).
- Place the pizza stone at the bottom of the oven when you pre-heat it so it becomes extremely hot in temperature.
- When the oven has reached its maximum temp (you can normally check this by the light on the oven), open and shut it a few times. This will make it work a little harder to get hotter!
LUCIO’S TIP: If the oven can reach 250°C/480°F, the stone will get to 320°C/600°F which is a fantastic heat to cook the bottom of the pizza well.
- Once you are happy with the temperature of the oven, 5 minutes before you’re ready to cook the pizza, switch the oven to grill/broiler mode.
- When it is time to cook the pizza, move the stone from the bottom of the oven to the top grill.
LUCIO’S TIP: Check the temperature of the stone and the oven if you have a laser thermometer so you can be really accurate.
- Stretch out the pizza dough and assemble the pizza with toppings of your liking.
LUCIO’S TIP: Don’t use cheeses that are too dry because they tend to burn in the oven.
- Sprinkle flour on the pizza peel before transferring the pizza from it to the stone and then close the oven door and leave to cook.
- Once the pizza starts to colour, lift and rotate the pizza around slightly so it cooks evenly all over. You will need to do this every minute or so and turn the pizza approx. 45°.
- Once the pizza is cooked well at the bottom and the crust begins to golden, it is ready.
HOW TO SERVE: Simple – remove the pizza from the oven, slice and enjoy!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!!!
Please write a comment below to say thanks to Lucio.
These are other Pizza recipes by Lucio:
Join my private exclusive Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate