- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
Burrata Salad is a delightfully creamy recipe which is simple to make and will please those who love a touch of sweet in their savoury dishes! The mix of dried figs with nuts and honey is a foodie’s delight, while the spinach and arugula add a bittery punch.
Try it. You WON’T be disappointed.
- 1 large Burrata
- Roasted mixed nuts (select these dependent on your preferences)
- A handful of dried figs
- 150g mixed arugula (rocket) and baby spinach leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Balsamic glaze
- Medium size bowl
- Flat round serving plate
- Small jar
- To start your Burrata Salad, add arugula and baby spinach to your bowl.
- Throw in 2 handfuls of mixed nuts then cut the dried figs into small pieces and add them too.
- Pour 4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a jar, along with balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of honey and balsamic glaze for your Salad dressing.
- Put the lid on top of the jar, close it tight and SHAKE! SHAKE! SHAKE!
- Pour this on top of the Burrata salad, and mix it through using a spoon.
- Place the salad onto a plate of your choice and put the whole Burrata on top, in the centre.
HOW TO SERVE:
- Slice the Burrata down the middle and let the cream ooze out of the sides
- Drizzle some more dressing on top and serve, allowing everyone to scoop up some of the cream and a beautiful piece of cheese.
- If you want to add another layer of richness, drizzle some balsamic glaze over the top.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
This beautiful salad will go very well with:
Join my private exclusive Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
View this post on Instagram
BUON NATALE – MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR from our #Family to yours. What an spectacular year #2019 has been! We have had some of the best experiences to-date with Vincenzo's Plate and grown as individuals and as a business. We are so, SO grateful for every single #experience we have had from new, incredibly supportive clients allowing us to do what we do best – create memorable #Italian experiences highlighting the very best of the culture and allowing individuals globally to be immersed in everything ITALIAN. At this time of year, it is a great time to reflect on what we have achieved and also to give thanks to every single one of YOU that has supported us, believed in us, eaten our food, or come along for the digital ride and engaged in some way with #VincenzosPlate We are not only appreciative, but we feel very fortunate. Each and every one of you give us the strength to keep doing what we do, to keep striving and keep inspiring others to hold on to their #traditions and cultures – particularly through food, no matter where they are in the world! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We wish you and your family a memorable #festive season…can't wait for what's next in 2020, but for now…a short break to reset! #merrychristmas #merrychristmas? #merrychristmas2019 #happynewyear2020 #happynewyear #buonnatale #buonnatale? #buonnataleatutti