- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
Today we are making an Healthy Avocado Sandwich with bocconcini and cherry tomatoes. This avocado and cheese type of sandwich is perfect to enjoy as a snack or to bring it to a relaxing picnic.
Watch video recipe:
5 x cherry tomatoes
1 x boconccino mozzarella
1 x small focaccia panino
Salt & Pepper
1 x small mixing bowl
1 x fork
1 x spoon
1. Peel ½ avocado and place it in a bowl.
2. Squash the avocado with the fork until there are no big hard pieces and add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the bowl with the avocado using your hand to stop any seeds from falling into it. Mix well again.
5. Cut the cherry tomatoes into 4 pieces and the bocconcini into small cubes.
6. Put some extra virgin olive oil on the focaccia and spread it with your finger so that it covers most of the piece of bread.
7. Scoop up some of your avocado and place it in the centre of the piece of bread and spread it out.
8. Place the tomatoes and bocconcini on top.
HOW TO SERVE:
1. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and you are ready to eat.
2. This avocado sandwich can be served on a rustic looking chopping board or a small round plate.
If you prefer a more salty flavour, you can use pecorino cheese or even parmigiano reggiano…YUM! You are going to love it.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!