- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
My Easy Tiramisu Recipe is light and fluffy and has the perfect balance of sweetness and chocolatey crunch with just enough coffee…If you don’t normally like Tiramisu for whatever reasons, this will probably change your mind! It’s my favourite!
Watch video recipe:
Easy Tiramisu Recipe | The Best Tiramisu Ever
This is one of my favourite recipes ever!
5 x XL fresh eggs
1 packet of savoiardi biscuits (recommended brand: Matilde vicenzi)
1 tub of mascarpone cheese (500g, recommended brand: Polenghi)
3-5 table spoons of white sugar
700ml espresso coffee (this should be prepared earlier and cooled down)
1 x block of milk chocolate (200g)
2 x medium size mixing bowls
30 x 24cm rectangular pyrex dish (or an aluminium tray)
1 x table spoon
1 x small sieve
1. Crack each egg separating the yolk from the egg white and putting them into individual mixing bowls.
2. Add approx. 2 1/2 tablespoons of white sugar to each bowl.
3. Mix each of them with an electric mixer until they become creamy and fluffy.
4. Place 250g of mascarpone into each bowl and mix again for around 3minutes.
5. Slice or grate the block of chocolate into slithers or grate it, leaving a few chunckier pieces for added crunch.
6. Dip both sides of a savoiardi biscuit into the coffee mix, holding it flat for 3 seconds in total then place it into the pyrex.
7. Repeat this process by lining the biscuits up until you cover the base creating the first layer.
8. Get the yellow (yolk) mixture and stir it together one last time with a spoon, then pour this over the top of your biscuits as evenly as you can making sure you cover the edges and all four corners.
9. Gently smooth the mixture over the biscuits as evenly as you can, using a spoon and being careful not to press down on them.
10. Sprinkle a generous amount of the grated chocolate over the top, again as evenly as you can.
11. Sift a tablespoon (or two) of nesquick over the top until the layer is completely covered.
12. Make another layer of biscuits by repeating the process as above then cover them with the white mixture, and again add chocolate and nesquick on top.
13. Carefully cover the tiramisu with alfoil and place it into the fridge for at least 3 hours (minimum).
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: This Easy Tiramisu Recipe is best served after at leat 24hr in the fridge so it is recommended to make this the day before you wish to eat it.
HOW TO SERVE:
Cut the Tiramisu into square portions and place onto a large white round plate.
Sprinkle a mixture of nesquick and icing sugar on the plate around the serving and dust a little extra on top too.
You can also make mini portions of Tiramisu and put them into clear dessert cups which can be served easily straight from the fridge.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!