How to Make Prawn Salad
This vibrant Prawn Salad Recipe brings new life to the traditional starter, with a splash of salty pesto and ripe, juicy cherry tomatoes. So light you will be drooling for more!
Watch video recipe:
Prawn Salad Recipe – Prawn Cocktail Salad with Pesto and Cherry Tomatoes.
Vincenzo’s Top Tips To Make Prawn Salad
Prepare in advance
This Prawn Salad Recipe is best served as a starter to a big seafood meal.
Prepare it in advance, cover it with cling wrap and leave it in the fridge. One of my favourite dishes to accompany it as a main is my Seafood Pasta…..YUM!!!
Clean your prawns!
Clean the prawns first by removing the head and legs then the outer layer.
- Small jar with lid
- ½ kg Cooked king or medium tiger prawns
- Cherry tomatoes A handful. Diced
- 2 slices Fresh bread
- Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- ½ Lemon
- Small bunch of Parsley
- Sprinkle of pepper
- 3 tsp Barilla Pesto Genovese
- CLEAN THE PRAWNS
- Clean the prawns by removing the head and legs then the outer layer. Then remove the vein by slicing through the middle of the back and pulling it out.
- PREPARE THE DRESSING
- Add 3 tablespoons of EVOO to a small jar, squeeze ½ lemon (straining out the seeds), add reshly chopped parsley, a sprinkle of pepper and 3 x teaspoons of Barilla Pesto Genovese.
- Put the lid of the jar on and shake well for 30 seconds or until all of the ingredients have combined well.
- ASSEMBLE THE PRAWN SALAD RECIPE
- Add the prawns to a Martini glass and the cherry tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle a dash of salt and add some fresh parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the prawns and tomatoes.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Prawn Salad
The Prawn cocktail salad looks impressive in a martini glass and should be served with a slice (or 2) of bread to scoop up all the delicious juices later on…
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.